Order Number / Site Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Number / Site Check

Have just upgraded our site to v5 (Only took 6 months, but its looking a lot better than before - hopefully we have managed to push v5 to its limits)

All comments gracefully recieved

Problem is that the order numbers have been reset to zero. Does anybody know how to change the ext order number?

Many Thanks

Alan
    Alan Stanley
    www.stuff-uk.net

Hello Alan.

I am afraid that the sequence of order numbers cannot be changed.

However, the suggestion is a good one, (i.e. customisable order numbers) and have placed this as a suggestion on the wish list for future Actinic releases.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Darren,

Thanks for that, but I do recall a long and distant post concerning this. I am sure that somebody managed to change the order number sequence. I was hoping somebody had a better memory than mine.
      Alan Stanley
      www.stuff-uk.net

Comment

Hello Alan

I have just been informed that you will be able to change order numbers in the maintenance release 6.03 which is due in February.
        Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Hello Alan

I do apologise, there is a way of changing the order numbers, but this does involve the editing of perl scripts.

Please carry out a snapshot first in case all goes wrong!

Locate the OrderScript.pl in the site1 folder on your hardrive and open it with notepad. Next, search for the line that reads:

my $nCounter = pack("N", 0);

Now, you can change the 0 to what number you require, for instance if you want the order number sequence to start from 3, you would enter 2, so the line would look something like:

my $nCounter = pack("N", 2);

Once this is done, save OrderScript.pl overwriting the original in your site1 folder

Next, FTP up to your site and browse to the acatalog folder. Within here, delete both the Order.num and Backup.num files.

When this is done, upload your site and carry out a test order. You should see that the order number has changed.

I hope you find this useful.
          Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X