search page questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

search page questions

hi again, i've just got 3 questions about problems i'm having with the search page of my site...if anyone can help, it'd be much appreciated!

1. non-logged in customers don't receive any results when searching - i've tried manually taking out the default NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBSEARCH and replacing it with a link to a cgi-bin search page, but this only seems to bring up a notice about denied permission to use cookies!

2. unless the cgi-bin link is manually in the nav bar, i get a problem navigating to the search page from any of the 'Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here' pages - a general script error page pops up with 'Error: Bad input string "PRODUCTPAGE=http://localhost/cgi-bin/bb000001.pl?PRODUCTPAGE=*page just come from.html*search.html". Argument count 2' ...how can i alter the referral link to delete the extra page reference from the links?

3. how can i get to the <a href> tags for <Actinic: s_link/> on the results page - i need to alter them to put in a span tag...

i wouldn't normally ask for so much help, but the site's 95% finished and i'm at the end of my tether! any help at all would be nice...

3. how can i get to the <a href> tags for <Actinic: s_link/> on the results page - i need to alter them to put in a span tag...
    You might be able to fit the SPAN into Act_ResultsTemplate.html. Try putting it around:

<Actinic:S_LINK/><B><Actinic:S_PNAME/></B></A>

as here:-

<SPAN style="{background: yellow;}"><Actinic:S_LINK/><B><Actinic:S_PNAME/></B></A></SPAN>

Where I get nice shiny yellow search results.

Unfortunately the HREF code seems to be generated in SearchScript.pl and you probably don't want to tinker there.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Could you post a URL and a username and password that we can use for testing?

Comment

the url is www.cbconline.co.uk/index2.html , the password and username are both 'administrator' - if you click on the load shopping cart button, then the search button in the next page you *should* see what i mean...if it hasn't magically cleared itself up!

thanks norman, by the way - sounds like i could do that instead

Comment

Hmmm - the site seems to work OK for me.

Anyway, try using this URL for the address of the search page:

http://www.cbconline.co.uk/cgi-local/ss000001.plSECTIONID=search%2ehtml&NOLOGIN=1

This should work equally well for logged in and non-logged in customers.

Comment

cheers, that works fine! but i'm still not getting any search results for non-logged in/unregistered customers...

is this simply a checkbox i've missed or is it just not possible?

Comment

Your store at the moment seems to be closed to unregistered customers, so this would affect the search results as well. Check your settings in 'Business Settings | Ordering'.

Comment

Working...
              X