Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading Actinic on another PC

Hi, could do with some advice please.

I am trying to install Actinic on another persons PC so that it runs an identical copy to mine and we simply swap "snapshots" after changes.

My Colleague has installed Actinic and also the same patch as me, but when we try and load the snapshot we get an error and it fails to install?

Could this be bacause I had some custom work on my site? If so, what files should I send her?

Thanks!!

Screenshot of the error would be helpfull

we have done similar thing to what you wanted and the main issue we have is with the images (they do not transfer within the snapshot)

Comment

Originally posted by pnagames
      Screenshot of the error would be helpfull

we have done similar thing to what you wanted and the main issue we have is with the images (they do not transfer within the snapshot)
      Hi

They do not transfer with the snapshot ONLY if they are stored outside the SITE 1 folder of your store.

Hi, could do with some advice please.

I am trying to install Actinic on another persons PC so that it runs an identical copy to mine and we simply swap "snapshots" after changes.

My Colleague has installed Actinic and also the same patch as me, but when we try and load the snapshot we get an error and it fails to install?

Could this be bacause I had some custom work on my site? If so, what files should I send her?

Thanks!!
      Hi

This should not present too many issues as long as the 'MASTER' pc has all the relevant data within the SITE 1 folder.

Ensure this is the case and we shall evaluate if this is not the issue.

Regards
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

For some reason after compacting the database again, it has worked?
        So all good now, thank you!

One last question, as I normally link to an external data sourse (excel) for my prices. Does it matter that the other PC is not linked to this?

I just don't want it to mess the master one up when I getthe snapshot sent back.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X