Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design of v8 website with Front Page

Hi,

I've recently moved to V8 and am not sure I can edit files like Act_BrochurePrimary with Front Page any more as the files is now called Act_BrochurePrimary(upgraded) and I don't want to muck up anything in Actinic but equally don't want to buy Dreamweaver for the occasional design modification.
    Can anyone tell me how to make changes like this visually in Actinic or what other design tool I can use which doesn't cost a fortune?
    Thanks Guy
    Guy Bodger

Luxury pure wool Duvets, Underblankets, Pillows, Aromatherapy Pillows, Magnetic Therapy Underblankets, Baby Rugs and Pet Beds

Hi

Copy and paste the code straight into FP

HTH
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

You can always copy and paste the code from v8 into FrontPage or wherever and then transfer it back if you need to work in WYSIWYG mode. Working on layouts in this fashion with any WYSIWYG editor is a pain as all the <actinic variable:name> tags are expanded and makes a mockery of the layout display.

Best to brush up on your HTML / CSS and edit inside Actinic as Darren suggests.

IMO the DreamWeaver plugin is only really useful for creating and registering a bespoke external design and then work on changes inside Actinic.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
        You can always copy and paste the code from v8 into FrontPage or wherever and then transfer it back if you need to work in WYSIWYG mode. Working on layouts in this fashion with any WYSIWYG editor is a pain as all the <actinic variable:name> tags are expanded and makes a mockery of the layout display.

Best to brush up on your HTML / CSS and edit inside Actinic as Darren suggests.

IMO the DreamWeaver plugin is only really useful for creating and registering a bespoke external design and then work on changes inside Actinic.
        agreed, although i now also use the edit layout in DW (8.5 plus) from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
          agreed, although i now also use the edit layout in DW (8.5 plus) from time to time
          The edit is DW is a fantastic time saving extension.

Creating the bespoke layout in DW then dropping it into Act to manage the final tweaks is a dream come true (compared to V6/V7)

And now with the extended features within CS3....Web 2.0 bring it on for retail stores too!

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
            Web 2.0 bring it on for retail stores too!
            Watch this space http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30598

Bikster

Comment

Lime green

Interesting developments afoot Jonty, time for my super plug in shopping cart to hit the shelves...especially built for and to work with DWCS3

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
                time for my super plug in shopping cart to hit the shelves
                Notepad? Heck - if it's good enough for Partial Design Snapshots it is good enough to build an entire cart

Bikster

Comment

Notepad? Heck - if it's good enough for Partial Design Snapshots it is good enough to build an entire cart
                  Or Nvu and coffee cup

Comment

Working...
                  X