changing page title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing page title

I've got something coded into actinic where it automatically puts my company name at the start of the title. I don't need to type this in when I am putting a page title in, it auto does it.

I'd like to move the company name to the end of the line, rather than the start so I can have my keywords closer to the start. Is there an easy way to do this?

I don't know where it was originally changed as it wasn't me who changed it

cheers

It will be in your main templates Act_Primary etc. and it will be in the first 5 or 6 lines. Open up your templates and look at the top for the <title> tag.

Comment

See the AUG - one of jos ideas

Comment

thanks for the reply guys

I've had a look (bear with me I am not very technical when it comes to editing the html etc)

in my act_primary.html page there is a bit at the top that says:

<title>
        Company Name | NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE
        </title>

I assume this is the bit you're talking about? How to I change this so that it is at the end of the line rather than start?

Also do you think it is a good idea to also include the section details in the title of a page and not just the product name? If so is there a piece of code I can put in there that will auto write the section name?

I want the title to look like:

Product | Section 1 | Section 2 | Company name

In your experience is this correct or would you not bother with the section details?

thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Froogle
          thanks for the reply guys

I've had a look (bear with me I am not very technical when it comes to editing the html etc)

in my act_primary.html page there is a bit at the top that says:

<title>
          Company Name | NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE
          </title>

I assume this is the bit you're talking about? How to I change this so that it is at the end of the line rather than start?
          thanks again
          <title>
          NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE | Company Name
          </title>
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Also do you think it is a good idea to also include the section details in the title of a page and not just the product name? If so is there a piece of code I can put in there that will auto write the section name?

I want the title to look like:

Product | Section 1 | Section 2 | Company name

In your experience is this correct or would you not bother with the section details?

thanks again
            I would use the breadcrumb effectively. This is not a good idea IMHO.

Regards

Comment

you can also use PAGEHEADER as NQV in title

Comment

thanks for your replies.

Just to confirm it is only the ACT_Primary.html page that I need to add this into, is that correct?

Originally posted by los_design
                I would use the breadcrumb effectively. This is not a good idea IMHO.

Regards
                I am using the breadcumb thing already. Would you not both putting the section details into the page title? The only reason I was thinking about doing that was because it adds relevant keywords?

your advice is appreciated

cheers

Comment

thanks for your replies.

Just to confirm it is only the ACT_Primary.html page that I need to add this into, is that correct?

I am using the breadcumb thing already. Would you not both putting the section details into the page title? The only reason I was thinking about doing that was because it adds relevant keywords?

your advice is appreciated

cheers
                  TBH I would go make a coffee (or tea) and reflect...will it add anything to my customer experience?

If you think it does, then do it, if not....don't

Remember, you are building the site for human interaction (sales) not any other reason. Do it effectively and the bots will lap it up regardless...

HTH

Comment

Working...
                  X