Changing order numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing order numbers

I would like to change the order No's automatically generated by Actinic into two different sequences.

Of course, I will first disable that order No's are shown in customer receipt emails. So the customer would not see the original order number.

Then I plan to modify the order No's directly in the Access database. However, I would appreciate comments on whether and how this should be done safely.

Probably an old bookkeeper would turn twice in his grave hearing this, but I believe that I can look through the consequences of this.

John

The reports assume a standard format for the order numbers and add little dashes here and there to make them easier to read, this might cause odd things to happen if you change the length of the order number.

I can't recall any place where the order number is used to key details in, the program still works if you end up with two numbers that are the same which suggests that my memory is working correctly today.

I've just taken a look at the order received email and can't see a way of removing the order number from the email, you would also have to remove it from the online receipt as well.

I have a vague memory of someone posting a way of changing the format of the order number by changing something on the website, take a look through the archives, that might be a better way of changing the number to the one you need.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Not totally what you want but you can set the Start value of the Order number for the live site via Help / Troubleshooting. Not many people know this as it's located in such a strange place.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

2nd April 2003 cdicken gave this advice on how to remove order numbers from automatic email headers:

You need to edit the Perl for this one.

Open Actinic.pm in your site folder in Notepad and search for '$sSubjectText'. The fifth (and last) instance of it will be in a line that says:

unless (print MYSOCKET "Subject: $sSubjectText\r\n") # subject

Change to this to read something like

unless (print MYSOCKET "Subject: This is a Subject\r\n") # subject $sSubjectText

This will affect all emails - including ones sent by the Actinic desktop order processing system.

However, I'm still a little unsecure as to if I dare to edit order numbers in Access. If an order is automatically numbered AA1234-1000-1467 I would eg. like to change that to AA1234-2000-0001. In case this is possible, could someone please tell which tables- if any - other than order, where I have to do this correction ?

I will keep the same structure XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX.

Thanks

John

Comment

2nd April 2003 cdicken gave this advice on how to remove order numbers from automatic email headers:

You need to edit the Perl for this one.

Open Actinic.pm in your site folder in Notepad and search for '$sSubjectText'. The fifth (and last) instance of it will be in a line that says:

unless (print MYSOCKET "Subject: $sSubjectText\r\n") # subject

Change to this to read something like

unless (print MYSOCKET "Subject: This is a Subject\r\n") # subject $sSubjectText

This will affect all emails - including ones sent by the Actinic desktop order processing system.

However, I'm still a little unsecure as to if I dare to edit order numbers in Access. If an order is automatically numbered AA1234-1000-1467 I would eg. like to change that to AA1234-2000-0001. In case this is possible, could someone please tell which tables- if any - other than order, where I have to do this correction ?

I will keep the same structure XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX.

Thanks

John

Comment

Working...
          X