X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping Cart is Empty

Hi all

I recently upgraded the version to 7.0.7.0.0.0.HCFA
    As a result of this I now get "your shoping cart is empty" when trying to checkout. I have read numerous posts of people with a similar problem, but struggled to see any solutions.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this please?
    thanks.

Check that you use the www version of your domain name consistently throughout all your settings and links. Usual cause of empty cart problems is crossing the www / non-www boundary.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Ok, thanks. I will check these.

Comment

Sorry, excuse my ignorance, but what locations should I look in to check all the settings & links ect please?

Comment

check in your network settings that your domain name always has www. in it.

Don't create links that don't have the www. as that will confuse things.

Mike

If you need more help then you'll need to give us a link to your site (which you can always delete later on if you want to)
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Ahh, that may explain a few things as I don't use the "www" and and use a redirect to get rid of this. I did this because Google was somehow seeing my site as 2 sites, with and without the www

However, the site worked fine like this untill I upgraded to 7.0.7

site is it-shop-online.co.uk

Comment

I did this because Google was somehow seeing my site as 2 sites, with and without the www
              go to google webmaster tools and tell google to use either the non www or the www, this will resolve the mirrored site problem

if you don't want to use www, change network settings to upload to non www

Comment

If you know what you're doing then you can use actinic without the www.

I don't recommend it as most people link using www. and people tend to type www. in the browser bar, so you have to make sure the redirect works.

Having said that, I don't see the www. causing a problem, but there's definitely something going on as the cart is emptying.

What have you got your cookie expiry set to? Your server appears to be set about 10 minutes slow, but that shouldn't be enough to cause a problem (although I've no idea why it isn't automatically sync'ed)

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
                X