Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Problems!! Error 500!

Hi guys,
    we've recently moved actinic over onto a new pc so that we can split order processing and content management. After snapshotting on the old computer and importing onto the new, we tried updating but it seems some of the CGI isnt working! Everytime a customer clicks the Checkout Now or View Cart links on the left hand side of our pages they are given an Error 500!
    I've checked on our FTP and the file that the Checkout Now link is looking for is definitley there so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Anyone got any ideas?

Originally posted by zucciltd
    Hi guys,
    we've recently moved actinic over onto a new pc so that we can split order processing and content management. After snapshotting on the old computer and importing onto the new, we tried updating but it seems some of the CGI isnt working! Everytime a customer clicks the Checkout Now or View Cart links on the left hand side of our pages they are given an Error 500!
    I've checked on our FTP and the file that the Checkout Now link is looking for is definitley there so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Anyone got any ideas?
    Has your host many any changes to your server config at all?

This is always my first port of call with 500 errors (internal server errors)
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

EEK! call the police, error 500!!

actually, after upgrading perl on some server configurations, and other housekepping activities, some hosts fail to set appropriate permissions on your files once again, of the perl distro has different security tactics to the previous.

what usally works for us:

go run the tests in your network bit on actinic. if they all come up good then:

increment the script number by 1 and then full purge/refresh.

you might as well do a catalog compact while you're at it, to make sure everythings ship shape in your local catalog.

does a full refresh fix it?

Comment

As it's now working I presume that you have uploaded again from the original PC.

Make sure both PCs are at the same Actinic version. After importing the latest snapshot then try also copying over the complete site directory, overwriting the destination files. Once you get it working correctly you should only need to transfer the snapshot between the machines.

My recommendation would be to only upload from the one machine - and to maintain lots of good backups before and after. To do this properly you would need MU.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
          EEK! call the police, error 500!!

actually, after upgrading perl on some server configurations, and other housekepping activities, some hosts fail to set appropriate permissions on your files once again, of the perl distro has different security tactics to the previous.

what usally works for us:

go run the tests in your network bit on actinic. if they all come up good then:

increment the script number by 1 and then full purge/refresh.

you might as well do a catalog compact while you're at it, to make sure everythings ship shape in your local catalog.

does a full refresh fix it?
          This is excellent advice and maybe we should put this at No.1 of our checklist then contact the host...

nah, I like to keep Ian and the team busy
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys! Through a mixture of all your suggestions, (incrementing script number, full purge/refresh) I think the site is working again now!

Thanks for all your help

Comment

w00tage!!!

Comment

Don't forget to cancel the cops.

Comment

Working...
                X