Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Page Fragment cannot be see?

Hi All

Hope that there is a simple answer to my current problem. I was tidying up the website after moving much of the items from brochure pages to product pages and fragments. Two of these fragments are designed to allow me to put PDF’s on - see the page: http://guitartechnicalservices.co.uk...n_s_Tips_.html

The two fragments are identically laid out (with variations in the PDF's) but the second section of PF’s dosent work and comes up “The requested URL /acatalog/BuzzesandRattles.pdf was not found on this server.” Error 404 !” . Trouble is, it use to work when it was a Brochure Fragment and can't remember checking it worked when it was moved.

It works in ‘Preview Catalogue’ but not in ‘browse website’ & live.
    I checked to make sure the Layout was correct and the PDF’s were still there - which are all together in Site 1 Folder.

I just don’t know why its not working when uploaded & can’t see the same problem in past community questions, any ideas would be much appreciated.

Try adding them into additional files, looks like they don't exist on the server OR ftp to your site and see if they are there.

Comment

Thanks for that quick reply -

I have just moved/copied the PDF's list from one fragment to the 1st in line, loaded it and it works fine! So, the PDF's are triggered but can't understand why it used to work off two fragments and now one won't off the 2nd one!

If there isn't a way to resolve it, I will have to combine it all on one template. Could there be something else wrong? Maybe a better way of doing this?

Comment

Can you check the path to the second file please, make sure it is only the file name and then update the site. In Preview what is the path to the file??

Regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi

I am not sure what you mean by the ‘checking the path to the second file’

From the catalogue Page – I have the ‘Section (normal) which has two fragments off it.
          One is ‘Re-String Instructions’ and PDF's open ok from here and the other is ‘Helpful Information and Tips’ which is the problem -wont open PDF's.
          I am not sure what you mean by ‘check the path to the second file’

I have copied the sections of PDF from the 2nd fragment into the first and now both will open up. But if I try to clean them up so there is no duplication, I am back to square one!

In Preview this is the path to the file :
          C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\PreviewHTML\P_SiteRoot_index.html

Comment

I think it'd help if you actually had it uploaded so we could see it NOT working..rather than the way you have it working at the minute
            Tracey

Comment

The problem is because you have a lot of invalid html markup on your page - and not only relating to the pdf files. (See this capture)
              The pdf file link tags are not closed, ie you have:
              Code:
              <A HREF="FloydRoseRestring.PDF" TARGET="_blank">Electric Guitar with Floyd Rose Tremolo_PDF<BR><A HREF="ClassicalSpanishRestring.PDF" TARGET="_bl....
              You should have:
              Code:
              <A HREF="FloydRoseRestring.PDF" TARGET="_blank">Electric Guitar with Floyd Rose Tremolo_PDF</a><BR><A HREF="ClassicalSpanishRestring.PDF" TARGET="_bl....
              You should revert these layouts back to default and start again to add your pdf links, making sure you have correctly formed link tags etc.

Comment

Thanks very much for the advice - thePDF's worked for some reason ok up until I moved one line of PDF from one fragment to another .
                The one taken from, worked - and from what you are saying its a wonder it did at all. The one I pasted into stopped working.

Asking for help was a last resort, because the person who did this for me is in the USA and its not here normal job anyway - so I will look at this a bit later on and see if the changes sort it out.

I tried to find a method of posting PDF's but it wasnt as simple as just add another Fragment. Is funny the way we become sucked into html when we should be getting on with business - thanks for the help and I will let you know how I get on.

bye for now

Comment

If you're not sure then post the content of your fragment descriptions.

Comment

Working...
                  X