why don't I get e-mail notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why don't I get e-mail notifications

I haven't been getting e-mail notifications through confirming I have orders to collect for some time now.

I have checked all my settings and I should be getting them.

Why would this happen and how should I go about sorting it out?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jenny
    Jenny

another go at e-mails

I have had another go at changing the e-mail settings as detailed in your knoweldge base (changing 2 perls lines)

I wanted to get some confirmations though to my e-mail address saying I have had an order and also show a copy of the receipt.

It also appears through feeback that my customers are not getting e-mail confirmations either.

I have done a test order and confirmed this. Everything else is fine but I cannot get over this problem of e-mail confirmations.....all the settings on Actinic are correct and confirmations should be received but are not....???

Help....

Jenny
    Jenny

Comment

Jenny

The Perl change mentioned in the knowledge base will only work if your web server has a program installed called 'sendmail'. You will need to check with your web-hosting provider whether this is the case.

The reason it may have suddenly stopped is that your web hosting provider changes your mail server to start requiring 'SMTP authorisation'. This means that the SMTP server will not send emails unless you are connected to your web host via a dial-up connection. Check this with them. If they have, ask them to enable the Actinic perl scripts to use the SMTP server to send email - even when you are not connected to the internet.

Comment

all sorted through massive amounts of e-mails to and from my server host !!

thanks for your help
        Jenny

Comment

e Mail Notification

I have had the same problem, but my web hosting provider states that 'SMTP authorisation' is not required, so I still cannot resolve the problem. Any ideas?

Comment

You have a file called 'error.err' that exists within the acatalog directory that logs all error messages.

Have a look and error log (just type http://www.yoursite.com/acatalog/error.err into the browser, obviously replacing the your site bit with your site, and click open if presented with a dialog box.

It is most likely that the SMTP server is rejecting the mail for whatever reason, the reason will be entered into the log file.
            "OK Venus?"
            "OK Steve!"
            "Right then, lets go!

Comment

Thanks for that.
              Lots of entries showing, with either - (No such file or directory), or `is currently not permitted to` at the end of each entry.

Comment

Is your store working OK apart from the email issue? Try going into 'Advanced | Network Setup' and clicking 'Test'. What messages do you get?

It may be that you need someone to try your settings on your behalf. You can register an email support query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and the team will take a look at your settings and see what might be going on.

Comment

Working...
                X