Easy Populate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Populate

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a csv file to easy populate products into the site. I have had a look at the database, but there are so many columns. We used to use oscom, which was easy, there was only about 6 columns. Is there an easy way or am I just doing some thing wrong. If any one has a csv file that they could email me, that would be excellent.
    Regards
    Jon
    Last edited by wight; 20-Jun-2007, 08:24 AM. Reason: error
    Jon Harvey
    Technical Director
    Wight Computers Ltd
    Hardware - Software - Printer Inks - CD & DVD Media - Memory Cards - Cases & Storage - Cables - Card Readers
    www.wightcomputers.co.uk

Originally posted by wight
    Does anyone know if it is possible to create a csv file to easy populate products into the site. I have had a look at the database, but there are so many columns. We used to use oscom, which was easy, there was only about 6 columns. Is there an easy way or am I just doing some thing wrong. If any one has a csv file that they could email me, that would be excellent.
    Regards
    Jon
    You can build an effective csv using excel, no problem at all....its how we and many peeps populate.

search for the phrase concatenate and you will see some tips...
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

There are sample csv import files in site1 and documentation for the format in th help files

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
        There are sample csv import files in site1 and documentation for the format in th help files
        Hi Jo

I had a look at the sample data file in Site 1 folder. This is just what I needed. However, the csv file doesn't have a price column, do I just create one on the end of the other columns and name the column "price" Does is have to be case sensitive etc etc, and put the price as 10230 = £102.30.... Hope you understand what I am saying. Also all products look like they have a product reference. Do I just take the next number and so on...
        Cheers
        Jon Harvey
        Technical Director
        Wight Computers Ltd
        Hardware - Software - Printer Inks - CD & DVD Media - Memory Cards - Cases & Storage - Cables - Card Readers
        www.wightcomputers.co.uk

Comment

Go to the Help files search on Importing

Choose either flat File or Hierarchical File

This details the required detail for each field

Comment

OK, going well, have now created a csv file with all our products in and it is in our catalog, however, before I start, is there an easy way to upload 27,000 products and about 5000 pages. I know in the past when I have had 3,000 products and about 500 pages it takes ages. Is there an easy way.

Hope anyone can help.
            Jon
            Jon Harvey
            Technical Director
            Wight Computers Ltd
            www.wightcomputers.co.uk

Comment

Not really - only a fast upload connection and patience.

Comment

I'd be more surprised if 27,000 products worked in actinic - good luck, i hope you are religious and say your prayers, you'll need to archive every 3 days!

Comment

Originally posted by wight
                  OK, going well, have now created a csv file with all our products in and it is in our catalog, however, before I start, is there an easy way to upload 27,000 products and about 5000 pages. I know in the past when I have had 3,000 products and about 500 pages it takes ages. Is there an easy way.

Hope anyone can help.
                  Jon
                  27,000 products into actinic in 1 day

Images, section text the lot? That beats our record hands down!

Do not worry about the numbers, it will work.............

........................only VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SLOWLY

B.O.B.
                  Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                  Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
                  X