Application fails to open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the end of last week my Actinic V5 application became very slow to open.

When it did open (aprox 5mins - rather than 30-60secs as usual) I was able to down load orders again very slowly. But when I tried uploading the application went to "not responding".

To my knowledge I have loaded no new applications, and I have all firewalls etc switched off (as this use to cause it to stop uploading).

I susequently have tried re-insalling using the "repair" option and complete uninstall and reinstall. This has made it worse - as I can no longer open the application at all!

I can download orders via a separate PC - but I can not upload at all.

Any ideas please????

Replying to myself!!!!!!

I have just found a reference to "Tracing ODBC connections".

I was playing with MySQL last week - this may be the reason - I will try that.

Comment

Just to confirm your thoughts, Actinic is a stunningly complicated little beast under the hood, it does a truck load of database stuff when you start it up. Now when you switch on ODBC tracing, the ODBC access driver writes information into a text file on your PC whenever it is used. As an Actinic programmer I never had the patience to wait for Actinic to start with this option switched on, it will take a very long time indeed.

The good news is that to switch it off you just have to open the ODBC program from your control panel, click on the tracing tab and switch it off.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan,

I have indeed swiched off ODBC Tracing - and it all works again - after a site refresh etc............

Thats the end to a fraught weekend spent in a darkened room - and I believe the sun was shining outside!!!!!!!!!

Now back to learning MySQL - which caused all the problems in the first place.

Comment

Working...
        X