Force a quantity / Mixed shopping mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force a quantity / Mixed shopping mode

In design/options under 'shopping mode' you can chose whether to have the quantity on the product page or in the basket - and this seems to be a sitewide setting.

But, just to be awkward, on my newest site I want a mix depending on the product. So for big 'single purchase' products I want "quantity in shopping cart mode" (ie. pressing the 'add to basket' button just adds 1), but for smaller consumables I want "quantity on product page" (eg. enter the quantity in the box then press 'add to basket').

Soooo... I've tried a global setting of "quantity on product page" and then in the templates for the big stuff I've commented out the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY variable. Unfortunately, this doesn't work and fails with an error when I try to add something to the basket.

So, is there anyway I can remove the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY but force the quantity to 1? Or another way to acheive the same end?

(yes, I know it would be easier just to leave it in... but my productline template just works perfectly except the quanitity just doesn't fit!)
    John

you can mix shopping modes, i did this this week, where i had site wide default and set a few sections to a different type.

You can certain do it a section level, page settings tab
    not sure about product s though

Comment

Check the bottom of the General tab for every section - see that Shopping Mode box?

Untick the main box and than make your selection *for that section only* from the other choices offered.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

lol, I've been using actinic for about 5 years now and built maybe 10 sites - and I've never noticed that bit before!
        John

Comment

Working...
        X