Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1: 535 5.7.0 Error: with Actinic V7 when users try and send mail

Hi newby here

My site users keep getting the following error message when they try and contact us through the site

(1: 535 5.7.0 Error: authentication failed: )

Does anyone know anything about this error

Thanks in advance

Have you run the network test and confirmed it passes on all tests?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack

Thanks for the reply lee

I have not ran this test but will do so in work tomorrow and i wil post the results

can i ask about the scripts that actinic uses??

does actinic generate the scripts or would you need to to write them yourself??

thanks again

Comment

You do not need to generate the scripts.

first thing to check is what Lee suggested.

Actinic tries to send email through the email account you have specified so if you have missed somthing on the network settings this will fail (maybe wrong password)

Comment

Actinic does it's own scripts.

It seems you may have some SMTP settings set up incorrectly.

Comment

thanks very much guys

i have only been working with actinic for a few weeks, and the guy who done the IT before, only had a week to pass stuff and info over to me so one of our staff forgot their password and i reset it with the domain host, so this must be what the problem is

i have loads of questions to ask about linking the site up to external databases.........is this something worth doing or is it more hassle than its worth??

thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by maccamason
              i have loads of questions to ask about linking the site up to external databases.........is this something worth doing or is it more hassle than its worth??
              As you are asking whether it's worth doing, it is almost certain to not be worth it. You need a specific reason to do such a thing IMO. If you have no real need or reason why to do this, i'd stick with the standard offering, especially while you are getting to grips with the software. Get yourself very familiar with it, before you try doing something outside of the normal operation.

Comment

As you are asking whether it's worth doing, it is almost certain to not be worth it. You need a specific reason to do such a thing IMO. If you have no real need or reason why to do this, i'd stick with the standard offering, especially while you are getting to grips with the software. Get yourself very familiar with it, before you try doing something outside of the normal operation.

thanks again lee

Comment

lee Sir you are a legend

cyberpint coming your way

thanks very much

Comment

I'm a Vodka man, but glad you got it sorted anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X