Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to print reports (invoices), usual error

Hi,

I've tried to raise a support ticket regarding this and have followed advice others have received with similar problems but nothing has worked so far.

I edited a copy of Invoices.rpt with Crystal Reports 8.5 (not before making backups of all reports) and now I can't print. All I get is the usual error:
    Code:
    Error in File C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Orders.rpt:
    Request cancelled by the user.
    and
    Code:
    Error in File C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Invoices.rpt:
    Copying over the backup files hasn't fixed it and editing the registry as suggested also has no result.

Does anyone have a fresh copy of the .rpt files they can send to me?

They are on your installation CD.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I can only find our upgrade CD for v6, but have the installation CD for v7 - are the .rpt files for v7 backwards compatible with v6?

I can't find anything on the CD, so what's the best way to extract them without having to install another copy?

Comment

No need to answer that, I've just tried myself (I realised we've got v7 and even v8 installed on the development box... don't ask why we are still running v6...) and it's not working.

With the v7 .rpt files I get:
        Code:
        The requested phrase was not found (Phase: -1, ID: 2413, Language: eng-uk)

The requested phrase was not found (Phase: -1, ID: 2347, Language: eng-uk)

Error in File C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Invoices.rpt:

Comment

Anyone able to send me the .rpt files from v6?

Actinic have kindly told me they don't support v6 any longer - so this Actinic Cover contract (just renewed this month too) is as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Comment

Drop me a PM via the forum and I'll email them to you.

Mike

PS. Your Actinic cover does of course include the upgrades so when you're ready for V8 you won't have to buy it.
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
              Drop me a PM via the forum and I'll email them to you.

Mike

PS. Your Actinic cover does of course include the upgrades so when you're ready for V8 you won't have to buy it.
              Cheers Mike but I now don't think the .rpt files are the problem. I've just extracted them from the 615 download from the Actinic site and overwritten my existing reports.
              Went into regedit and killed the Printer Settings folder (suggested in another thread) and then opened up Actinic. Same problem.

We've actually purchased v7 and v8 already (or via upgrade, not sure which) but for whatever reason haven't yet moved past v6!

Comment

Can you preview the invoice/packing list from actinic? That should at least show if it's a printer problem or not.

Mike

Comment

Previewing works fine (although there's no print option once the print preview is displayed).

At the moment I'm having to go into Crystal Reports, open up the invoices report and printing off the last days worth of invoices... but we have a number of sites, so I've then got to unload the connection to the DB and load up the next site

Takes bloody ages!

Comment

Jan at mole-end has some software that will print out the reports for you. It has a free 30 day trial so should give you time to get the printer problem fixed.

A word of warning though. Some people find Jan's software indispensable so you might end up buying it.

Mike

Comment

Cheers for the tip - I'm already in talks with Pat at Mole End, so I'll mention it and see what they can do.

Comment

Mike, you should be on commission!!

I've just downloaded, installed and printed off all my outstanding reports from 7 sites!!

I think Mole End have another sale!

Comment

FYI I got this error yesterday :

Error in File C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6\Orders.rpt:
                          It means that your printer is invalid, and to fix it you have to go to the print setttings for that report in Actinic (so go as if to print it, then click on print setup on the printer dialog that pops up and then print it to save the changed settings).

Regards,
                          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                          Multichannel order processing
                          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan - Thank thank & Thank you.

Your post about print settings solved my problem

Comment

Working...
                            X