X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New v7 site - comments please?

Hi, here's my latest effort -

www.dymo-label-printers.co.uk

I would appreciate any comments / suggestions (especially on the home page, which looks a bit naff, but not sure what to do with it...)
    John

Put the labellers on the index page?

Gotta make it more interesting laddie.

PS The labellers ROCK!
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

do you have any specific labellers in mind? phase 2 is to add more products, phase 1 was just to get the site up and running, and decent templates with the labelwriter stuff.
      John

Comment

We've got a 400 I think it is. Had it ages with no problems at all.

Not quite a website feedback, but just in case someone on here wondered what they were like to use.

I like how you can do b & w images on the labels.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Seems to be some discrepancy in the Retail Price field on the More Info page for each of the four printers.
          Paul
          Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

oh yeah... fixed...
            John

Comment

with your lack of content, i suggest you switch to fixed width.

it looks boring-tacular on my widescreen lappy.

but if i smallify the window, its fine. was it designed on a 4:3 display?

Comment

looks abit out of proportion to me - tiny text, huge button images

Comment

It was designed on a standard screen, and should scale down all the way to 800x600.

Your the 2nd person to say it was boring which is interesting. But if you were in the market to buy such a label printer would you let that stop you buying from the website...? Would you buy from somewhere else that had the same product with a more exciting site?

Personally, if several sites were selling the same thing I would buy from the site with the cheapest prices, excluding any sites that didn't look trustworthy.

hmmm.... I think I'll start another thread for this one...
                  John

Comment

Your the 2nd person to say it was boring which is interesting. But if you were in the market to buy such a label printer would you let that stop you buying from the website...? Would you buy from somewhere else that had the same product with a more exciting site?
                    I don't think the "boring " element should be much of an issue for this site- at risk of atating the obvious you are selling quite a boring object so you don't need bells and whistles, maybe the answer is to try to make it look more as if it is intentionally a simple site. ie concentrate on proportion, and consider Gabe's comment re fixing the width, it would still have the same content but without looking boring.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
                      with your lack of content, i suggest you switch to fixed width. it looks boring-tacular on my widescreen lappy.
                      consider Gabe's comment re fixing the width, it would still have the same content but without looking boring.
                      Not quite sure what you mean about fixing the width...? Fixing it at what width? How will that make it look less boring?
                      John

Comment

There's a lot of white space on 1920x1200.......

I think Jo means fix the width of the page (around 900 pixels wide would be my guess) so that it doesn't automatically expand to fit the screen. This way your information would be fixed closer together and would look better.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

ie like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dymo1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	542032

rather than this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dymo2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	542033

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

oh, you mean like left justify it? I think the width is already fixed to some extent which is why it's all squished in the middle of your widescreen rather than spread out.

Isn't that going to still look odd though, as there will be a ton of white space down the right side if the window is maximised?
                            John

Comment

I think what they are referring to is to fix the width of the whole layout so that it sits 900px wide so the whole page is centralised in the browser. Similar to the sewinglines site in my signature.

Comment

Working...
                              X