Keywords order - SEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keywords order - SEO

I have come across a problem in v7.06 and v.07 that concerns me greatly about search engine optimisation to do with actinic's treatment of keywords.

On uploading the site Actinic appears to be changing the order of the keywords into alphabetical order and stripping out the spaces after the commas, which my SEO expert says I should keep in !!!

I am particularly concerned about the alphabetizing as this would surely be detrimental to our optimization. Can anyone help? I have logged a fault with Actinic but they say "I have carried out some tests on this and cannot re-create the problem. Could you try upgrading to the latest version of 7 and try again." I have done this but it does not resolve the issue.

This could surely be one of the main reasons why our non-index pages are not getting properly picked up by google and could well be affecting all Actinic sites !! Could anyone else please tell me if their site does the same thing? Have you looked?

For example in the software for http://www.worldofenvelopes.com/acat...envelopes.html I have the following in the keywords box:

Cello Bags , cello , clear cellophane , cello sleeves , sleeves , envelopes , cello packaging , bubble bags , calendar envelope , header style , non header , Euroslot , hang a bag , display , diaphanous , stationery , stamps , toys , tableware , clothes bags , socks , silk scarves , confection , jewellery , gift bags , cards , cello , England , Scotland , Ireland , Wales , UK , Europe , free samples , printing , anti-static bags , board back envelopes , bubble bags , calendar envelopes , coloured envelopes foil bags , greetings , gusset , jiffy range , leather , metallic envelopes , padded envelopes , poly bags , postal tubes , recycled , square , tissue-lined , tear resistant , wage , x-ray ,colored , coloured , coloured envelopes , DVD , jiffy bags , jiffy , printing , supplied

However, when I upload the site, it gets changed to be:

<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="anti&#45;static bags ,board back envelopes ,bubble bags ,calendar envelope ,calendar envelopes ,cards ,cello ,Cello Bags ,cello packaging ,cello sleeves ,clear cellophane ,clothes bags ,colored ,coloured ,coloured envelopes ,coloured envelopes foil bags ,confection ,diaphanous ,display ,DVD ,England ,envelopes ,Europe ,Euroslot ,free samples ,gift bags ,greetings ,gusset ,hang a bag ,header style ,Ireland ,jewellery ,jiffy ,jiffy bags ,jiffy range ,leather ,metallic envelopes ,non header ,padded envelopes ,poly bags ,postal tubes ,printing ,recycled ,Scotland ,silk scarves ,sleeves ,socks ,square ,stamps ,stationery ,supplied,tableware ,tear resistant ,tissue&#45;lined ,toys ,UK ,wage ,Wales ,x&#45;ray">

See what I mean?
    Richard
    www.worldofenvelopes.com

Hi Richard

Firstly - be careful you are not seen as spamming the search engines, secondly I think google and most of the major search engines now do not bother with meta keywords - they have got much more sophisticated at reading your pages and deciding where to rank them.

As to why actinic is doing that - i could not tell you but I doubt very much that if you sorted the problem out it would make any difference to how your site ranks.

Cheers
    Ian
    Commercial Cleaning Cambridgeshire

Comment

Two things:

1. When actinic merges keywords from different pages then it sorts them alphabetically.

Try This:

If you go to Settings / Site Options / Links / Section and set Include Parent Meta Content in Each Section to False, then your meta keywords are unsorted. Set it to True then merging and sorting takes place.
      This is for V8 so I'm not sure if V7 is the same.

2. There's a whole thread on this that a search for 'keywords order' shows up.

Here's the link for it: http://community.actinic.com/showthr...keywords+order

Often a search of the forum will find you the information you want.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

which my SEO expert
        I would question thier advice because as Ian rightly says what you are doing will be seen as spam.

Comment

Originally posted by richardh9999
          <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="anti-static bags ,board back envelopes ,bubble bags ,calendar envelope ,calendar envelopes ,cards ,cello ,Cello Bags ,cello packaging ,cello sleeves ,clear cellophane ,clothes bags ,colored ,coloured ,coloured envelopes ,coloured envelopes foil bags ,confection ,diaphanous ,display ,DVD ,England ,envelopes ,Europe ,Euroslot ,free samples ,gift bags ,greetings ,gusset ,hang a bag ,header style ,Ireland ,jewellery ,jiffy ,jiffy bags ,jiffy range ,leather ,metallic envelopes ,non header ,padded envelopes ,poly bags ,postal tubes ,printing ,recycled ,Scotland ,silk scarves ,sleeves ,socks ,square ,stamps ,stationery ,supplied,tableware ,tear resistant ,tissue-lined ,toys ,UK ,wage ,Wales ,x-ray">
          Wow, you forgot the kitchen sink

Forget the order right now and reduce the quantity.

And in agreement with the above, if I was looking after this, my first thoughts would be SPAM ALERT for the bots.

Regards
          Daren
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Working...
          X