Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call 'reference' variable to display latest items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call 'reference' variable to display latest items?

Hi there.

I am relatively new to working with Actinic 7 and need a little help.
    I am currently redeveloping a company website, www.cupargardencentre.co.uk and have found the need to display the 'latest items' added to our online shop. If you take a look at the link above, you will see the site section is all 'green', whereas the business Actinic side is found when you 'Enter Shop'. We would like to know if it is possible to display an image and a small caption - the items name and price - to display on our homepage(the current green 'Home' page). Is this possible, and if so, can anyone help?

Thank you very much for your assistance

You could manually add something to your site homepage with a link to the product in the catalog.

If you wanted to automate something like this then you could use Actinic to manage all the pages on the site as brochure pages, then if you upgraded to v8 you could add New Products and Best Sellers automatically.

Comment

Hi there: thank you for your assitance.

I am led to believe we are currently using Actinic 7.07, and are upgrading to V8 this week (supposedly today!) - but we would like to keep our homepage the way I have designed it, so is it possible to implement my design, use Actinic to generate the script for new products and best sellers, then use that script in the home page I have created?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X