Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I give new customers a 10% discount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I give new customers a 10% discount?

I would like to give my new customers a discount to encourage them to buy from my site. I believe that I can add a discount when I print the invoice but how does that link in with Worldpay (pre-authorised) processing payments.

If I change the invoice details will this be fed through to Worldpay so that the lower amount is deducted from the customer's card or will they still be charged the initial higher amount?

The discount needs to be applied before they checkout to the PSP to ensure they are getting charged the correct amount. This is usually done by setting up a global discount on the site and setting the trigger to £0.01 or you can use a coupon code. This will also allow returning customer to get the discount and you have to publish the coupon code on the site for new customers to see and use.

You may be better giving say a bigger discount to existing customers via a coupon in a email newsletter to encourage them to buy again and a smaller global time specific discount for new customer.

That said, if you are going to be giving the discount to all new customers you may be better showing the lower price in the first place to get better Froogle results and if someone lands on the site they are more likely to see the price than a note about a 10% discount .. people like to see what they are going to pay and not leap for a calculator.

It obviously depends on the nature of the site and what you are selling and particularly how busy you are.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thank you for your advice.

Comment

Working...
      X