Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi columns on homepage

Hi

I have been following the instruction for the multi columns function from the advanced manual and all goes well until it gets to the point where it asks "Then edit the code of your chosen fragment layout template and replace it with:" I have no idea where to go with this, what is meant by chosen fragment?

I performed the same task with the products pages and the columns went perfectly for me, but this i now starting to get to me as have been battling with it for last few days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Your home page is called a brochure page, when you right click it in the content tree, in order to add content, you are effectively creating a fragment.

go to the content tree and right click on home page, see the drop down box, add fragment?

Comment

Thanks for this Jo, but the problem is a little deeper than that from what i can tell. The advance manuals says the following:

Then edit the code of your chosen fragment layout template and replace it with:

<script language=JavaScript>
      <!--
      if ( currentcol++ == 0 ) document.write('<tr><td colspan=3><table border=0><tr>');
      document.write('<td width="' + colwidth + '%" valign=top>');
      // -->
      </script>

<noscript><tr><td width="100%"></noscript>

NETQUOTEVAR:FRAGMENTANCHOR
      <table border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1">
      <tr>
      <td valign="top" align="left">NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_IMAGE</td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td valign="top">
      <strong>NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_TITLE</strong><br><br>
      NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURE_TEXT</td>
      </tr>
      </table>

</td>

<script language=JavaScript>
      <!--
      if ( currentcol >= CUSTOMVAR:NUMCOLS )
      {
      document.write('</tr></table></td></tr>');
      currentcol = 0;
      }
      // -->
      </script>

<noscript></tr></noscript>

But i dont know where the fragment would be located. Do i also need to do this for each fragment?

Also on the main catalogue page where all my items are listed can i also put that into 3 columns so that it looks more professional?

Thanks

Giles

Comment

No ideas anyone?

I have been struggling on this now for days and am starting to lose real heart in it all...

Surely this isnt a question that only i am asking, is it?

Giles

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
          Surely this isnt a question that only i am asking, is it?
          It is to be honest Giles, you are on old software, V8 is now 12 months old and does what you are asking very easily. I thought column count existed on V7 product pages, can't recall on brochure pages.

If it doesn't then just embed your own html into a text only fragment would be my best recommendation.

Comment

Working...
          X