Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

actinic access error 'Unable to locate the database from the selected site. The site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actinic access error 'Unable to locate the database from the selected site. The site

I thought stupidily that I could automate imput data more easily by using access.

I exported my data to access -(which i didnit understand really)

and now I can't get back into the catalogue.

error note
    'Unable to locate the database from the selected site. The site will remain unchanged.'

I DON'T want to use Access - I was only playing- I think it's come back to bite me on my b_m
    help

Import the snapshot you made before you started this ill-advised experiment.

OR

Restore the database backup you last made.

If you don't have a snapshot OR a database backup, then you really are in a pickle.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

The Actinic database is an access database, it is called ActinicCatalog.mdb and should be in your site directory (c:\program files\Actinic Ecommerce V6\Sites\<sitename>), do you have one in your site directory?

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

yes i still have ActinicCatalog.mdb

Thanks for your replies

to jan
        yes I do still have ActinicCatalog.mdb

to wjcampbe

I do have backups - BUT I can't open actinic.

I have just tried to install a 6.0.1.0.0 disc but now it tells me I can not downgrade from 6.2

Any idea what the next step is?

Comment

What did you do to export your data to access?

The message confuses me, it says 'can't find the database' which suggests it's not in the right place, it would usually say something like 'database is corrupt'.

If you go to your ODBC settings and look at the database DSN (user tab) ActinicCatalog6, can you compact it or repair it, does it appear to be pointing to your site directory?

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

What did you do to export your data to access?

I exported the data by export window.
            Does this mean data will always be connected to access ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The message confuses me, it says 'can't find the database' which suggests it's not in the right place, it would usually say something like 'database is corrupt'.

If you go to your ODBC settings and look at the database DSN (user tab) ActinicCatalog6, can you compact it or repair it, does it appear to be pointing to your site directory?

------------------------------------------------------------
            I have reinstalled software - seems okay (tested by asking for preview pages)

but the version is now 6.1.5.0.0.0. used to be ver 6.2

Regards,

Comment

update actinic

question What did you do to export your data to access?

I exported the data by export window.
              Does this mean data will always be connected to Access ?

Hilary

Comment

all data is held with in ActinicCatalog.mdb which is an access DB

when you use export you would be exporting to csv or xls ie spreadsheet

Comment

thanks for quick reply

I have a new laptop and want to put actinic on.

Do I have to put Access on the new computer. In fact I don't want anything to do with it!

Will it be okay ?

Hilary

Comment

You don't need to put access onto your laptop to run Actinic but if you want to open the Actinic database and look at the data (which I would not recommend doing) you will need access.

When you export orders, the order information is written into CSV files on your computer, which you can look at using Excel. So in effect you are taking a copy of the order data out of access.

Regards.

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the help.
                      I went back to a backup- only a days work lost- strange happening.

Hilary

Comment

Working...
                      X