Question about Update Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Update Process

Just trying to figure out what's wrong with Actinic at this moment.

When you made an addition/change and click to Update web site, does Actinic first look at the site on the computer where it's installed, check for changes made since the last update, then connect to the hosting server?

Or, does it go to the hosting server first?

I'm told that it's my host and the information I entered that's the problem but I don't even get the screen pop up where it checks things. I just get an hour glass and an arrow...and then nothing happens...the only way out is to exit Actinic.

And, it was working before and I didn't make any changes.

I'm trying to understand and isolate the problem so any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Jeff Pollack
    www.alldawgs.com
    www.profleeceusa.com
    www.4dogclubsonly.com
    www.silverwood2007.com

This has happened to a number of us in the past...not entirely sure how to fnd previous posts and solutions on it..
    I'll have a scout around in my old subscribed threads and see if I can find something!!
    Tracey

Comment

ok..have a read through THIS THREAD and see if it sounds similar
      It might not be but it might help..
      Tracey

Comment

Thanks Tracey. I ran the test they offered and everything seems to be the way it should be.

I'm wondering if I should change the script id as that seemed to help some of the others.
        Jeff Pollack
        www.alldawgs.com
        www.profleeceusa.com
        www.4dogclubsonly.com
        www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

well, I know thats what I and several others did.
          I'm really not one to advise though, sorry!
          Tracey

Comment

Don't understand why...and no one else seems to either...but changing the script id did the trick. Refreshed the site and now seems to be working perfectly.

Thank you...
            Jeff Pollack
            www.alldawgs.com
            www.profleeceusa.com
            www.4dogclubsonly.com
            www.silverwood2007.com

Comment

a complete purge and refresh should always be sufficient, although if i ever have to do this i do a manual one, ie ftp to the server to delete files and manually delete files from site1 etc

I've never yet had to resort to changing script ID - for me this is reckless as you then lose seo if your listing are through cgi bin and (i think) you also need to reset order number (the later is fine as long as you remember)

to me its one of those solutions abit like the v8 reset your layout to factory default - a sledgehammer to crack a nut - reset layout wil lnormally fix the problem but you don't know if the user has messed up a customised layout

Anyway thisis a longwinded intro to asking Big A what changing the script id does and it is different from

ftp to acatalog, delete fil, cat,
              also delete fil, cat from site1

delete all generated cgi from both cgibin and site1
              delete all files from sitehtml

and upload

Comment

Working...
              X