X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just received

This is protx's latest response to my emailed questions

-------------------------------------------------------------------

We currently use VSP form and have been following your communications regarding the new customised payment pages. According to your timelines these pieces of functionality should be live therefore can you answer the following questions.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Can I have a copy of the VSP Form template kit which requires a knowledge of XSLT? protx has stated that they would be available w/c 16th July so where are they?
    -----------------------
    They are not ready yet. I'm sorry for this. They are not available, if they were ready then I would make sure you had them..

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. Where is the functionality for VSP form users that allows them to do ?

"Simple customisations can be achieved using a screen designer that will be built into VSP Admin. This will allow you as the merchant to customise colours, font types and positioning, and to upload logo images and backgrounds, without the help of your web developer or any involvement from the Protx support team."

----------------------------------------------
    This is being developed after the kits are released.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. It appears you have now slipped the release date to August does this mean you are now forcing me to use generic protx pages on 1st August rather than my own cutomised payment pages, will you be compensating my business for lost revenue becuase customers receive a jarring checkout experience and abandon their baskets????

-------------------------------------
    These templates should be ready by tomorrow but I am not giving a concrete timescale as I am not developing them myself. There will be no compensation for standard templates after August 1st as they do not stop the payment process nor do they affect our ability to process credit/debit card transactions which is what we take our fee for. Look and feel can be controlled by VSP Direct - so we are not stopping anyone from having their own payment pages if they wish to put in the development work.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    4. Is there a work around whereby you can get me the more complex template kit I can learn XSLT in 6 days and get the templates back for upload before the 1st August??

-------------------------------
    No. The templates are being released to us as staff today at midday, which can only lead me to believe that their release is imminent.

--------------------------------
    I would further like to apologise for their delay, I know it has affected a number of our vendors and is not ideal as we did mis represent their release. There is nothing I can do besides apologise for this, I would have very much liked our developers to make the timescales they set.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLEASE CAN YOU RESPOND EXPLICITLY TO THESE 4 QUESTIONS, WE ARE TIRED OF RECEIVING BOILER PLATE COPY AND PASTE RESPONSES ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF NEW CUSTOM TEMPLATES.
    <a href="http://www.getgeared.co.uk">GetGeared.co.uk</a>

Comment

Originally posted by mccanm
      The problem we face here is that protx is the best value psp in the market but if you pay peanuts you get monkeys, so system changes are a perennial nightmare - it's the hidden cost of using the lowest cost provider.
      You're bang on the mark with that. I would only quibble that 'best value' implies a good cost/service balance. Replace 'best value' with 'cheapest' and the nail is hit firmly on the head. Think we'll have a PSP review after the dust settles on this fiasco.

Cheers,
      simon
      Cult Pens

Comment

I see that the URLs for communication to Protx are changing.

Latest email from protx

Presumably this will require changes to OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl
        The question is will Actinic be releasing an updated script?

simon
        Cult Pens

Comment

Originally posted by siwalker
          I see that the URLs for communication to Protx are changing.

Latest email from protx

Presumably this will require changes to OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl
          The question is will Actinic be releasing an updated script?

simon
          YES

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=31861
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for the link.

simon
            Cult Pens

Comment

Hi - I'm trying to move from immediate payment to pre-authorised with protx and I found this thread - did you ever resolve your issue? I think I just need the correct wording for the OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl (to replace 'PAYMENT' with 'XXXXX') but I can't find the answer anywhere.

cheers

Nick Allen

http://pussyhomeboutique.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
              X