section descriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

section descriptions

I am selling product ranges on my store, and have set up each section to sell a particular range. I want to have a description of the range at the top of each page, rather then on the catalogue page.
    I've managed to format the sections into columns to display the product, but I don't know how to include the range descriptions on the appropriate pages via the templates.

Can anyone help?

There is a template called 'Description only, useful for inserting messages', you could create a new product, put it at the top of each section and use this template to make it in effect into a comment.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Only problem with that, is that I've laid out my page:

header

N Product1 Product2 Product3 Product4
      a Product5 Product6 Product7 Product8
      v Product9 Product10 Product11 Product12
      Product13 Product14 Product15 Product16

And as far as I've managed to decipher the template, if I set up a new product that would be centered above the product list, it'd probably through the formating out... like this?

header

Range description
      N Product1 Product2 Product3 Product4
      a Range description
      v Product5 Product6 Product7 Product8
      Range description
      Product9 Product10 Product11 Product12
      Range description
      Product13 Product14 Product15 Product16

I may be wrong...

Comment

Hi Chris

A work around for doing this is to use a custom property. Create a new one and specify the value (your description text) in the section details. Then edit the Act_ProductLine template and insert this customvar at the top. You may need to use a few empty table cells either side of the text to get it centred.

HTH
        Ben Popplestone
        Ecommerce website software

Comment

Found out how to do it... Much digging around in templates didn't really help, but then I was flicking through some random documentation and came across the NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTEXT description, and after some swearing and fiddling, got it to work... and there was much rejoicing!

Next question, how do the NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBXXXLINK arguments work? In the documentaion, it tells you what it does... great, perfect, sounds like exactly what I want... but not how to use it!

Thanks for your comments and help!

-C

Comment

If you have the Advanced User Guide, check out 'Inserting Individual Navigation Buttons' on page 18 & 19. NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBXXXLINK can be used as the reference of your custom links.
            Ben Popplestone

Comment

So does that just allow me to replace the displayed Link text with my own? Can't I just do that in the design options? Or is it to allow graphics?

-C

Comment

It gives you more flexibility over the placement and display of the link, including graphics. You can create a individual link separate from the rest of the navbar.
                Ben Popplestone

Comment

description only template

Hi

I'm new to this. Can someone give more detailed instructions on exactly how to use the description only template.

Thanks a bunch

ocbon
                  www.bonnies-gift-shop.com
                  Unique Gifts & Home Decor
                  Retail/Wholesale/Drop Shipping
                  www.bonniesgifts.com
                  Gift Baskets Gift Ideas Unique Gifts
                  Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

Create a new product at the top of a section. Give it a short description of something like 'Section Description' and de-select the 'Can be ordered online' checkbox.

In the 'General' tab (click 'Advanced' if you cannot see the 'General' tab) locate the 'Product Layout' field and click the down arrow to change the selection to 'Description only, useful for inserting messages'.

Click 'OK' and then preview your store to see the results.

Comment

description text only

Hi Chris

What a difference in the pages this makes! For a lot of my products, the description was basically the same, just he sizing, colors, pricing was different, so now the customers don't have to keep seeing the same description over and over.

I think I may have posted this - description is at top of section with products underneath - that is fine if a customer clicks a section.

If a customer does a search they will go directly to the product, which may be, at the bottom of the page. Is there someway to get them to the top to read the description and then back to the actual product they were viewing.

Again, thanks for your help
                      Bonnie
                      www.bonnies-gift-shop.com
                      Unique Gifts & Home Decor
                      Retail/Wholesale/Drop Shipping
                      www.bonniesgifts.com
                      Gift Baskets Gift Ideas Unique Gifts
                      Retail/Drop Shipping

Comment

It looks like Toby has answerd this for you at http://community.actinic.com/showthr...&threadid=6168

Comment

Working...
                        X