Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic 7 Developer - Download Links

Hi

We are currently experiencing problems with downloads. Everything appeared to be working fine until about 6 weeks ago when clients complained about not having links to download their music purchases. I cannot ascertain if this is the cart download link, the emailed links or both. I am asumming the later but it might not be the case.

I have carried out ramdon tests and get the links as normal so thought it might be a firewall issue at the client end. however, this might not be the case as the copies of these emailed receipts do not have the links either.

Obviously something is preventing some clients recieving links for these downloads although my test seem to show nothing is wrong.

Perhaps someone could advise us of the possilbe cause and potential solution?

Regards

Kevin
    Classic Fox Records Ltd.

Hi Kevin,

If random tests could not produce a replication of the clients problem, then it becomes all the more diffficult to pinpoint what is happening.

The usual cause for the links not appearing on the emails or receipt page would be either because the 'Authorization call back' had not arrived back from the Payment Service Provider, by the time the customer reached the receipt page.

The other could be if the server uses a CGI-Wrapper that does not support non-parsed headers. Check the server HTTP error log for the error:-

nph-dl000001.pl malformed header from script. Bad header=HTTP/1.1 200 OK:

To resolve this problem rename nph-download.pl to download.pl in the site directory on your PC and update the site ( Web | Update Website).

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X