Shipping charge not appearing on shopping cart page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping charge not appearing on shopping cart page

We only sell to UK and I have enabled a simple shipping charge of £15 per order.

How to I get the shipping charge to display in the shopping cart so that the correct total is displayed to the customer?

I would also like the shipping charge to display on the first 2 pages of the check out pages please.

VIEW > BUSINESS SETTINGS > SHIPPING & HANDLING tab

Select the shipping tab and on the calculation basis, select SIMPLE and uncheck the SHOPPER EDITABLE.

Add the £15 to the box and the shipping cost will be shown in the basket as soon as the customer places something in it.

Hope this helps.

mike
    www.thefreemason.com - the internet portal for freemasonry

Comment

Still not working

Thanks for the reply.

This still does not solve the problem. The only way I can get it to display correctly is by placing an order to the end and then using then back button when the delivery charge is stored in the cookie. As soon as I clear cookies and offline content in order to simulate a new user, then the delivery charge disappears again.

Comment

Hi Mark

If you are using shipping charges based on value, quantity or weight, Actinic calculates the shipping from the region and class of service selected on the first two checkout pages and then displays it on the third. It looks as though even if you are using simple shipping, it still goes through the same calculation but with a fixed amount and so the shipping won't appear in the cart until the later stages of the checkout.

One for the wishlist!

Ben
        Ben Popplestone
        Ecommerce website software

Comment

Simple Shipping

My client is having a similar problem, using simple shipping. From what I've been told the customers are not even seeing the flat rate shipping charge at the last stage of checkout and my client does not see the charge when the order is downloaded.

They are using authorize.net as their gateway, but I assume the charge should be made just prior to the authorize.net screens.

Thanks,
          Jason

Ps. I haven't checked with the client to see if the 'shopper editable' checkbox is checked, would this have any issue?

Comment

Hi Jason

If you are using Flat rate, then when viewing the basket you should see Shipping, which shows the flat rate?

What it the website url? To check what your checkout stages look like?

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

The issue has been corrected. Client has 'shopper editable' checked. I had them uncheck the checkbox and everything looks fine.

Thanks,
              Jason

Comment

Working...
              X