Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Css -

Hi

On the homepage of http://www.kjbeckett.com/ underneath each of the section images I have added some text links which I want to be subtle (e.g. no hightlight, different font colour or underline).

<a STYLE="text-decoration:none" href="http://www.kjbeckett.com/acatalog/silkties.html">ties</a>
    They are currently showing as blue on the page when unvisited. I would like to have them the same colour as normal text whether visited or unvisited.

There are other links on the page that I would like to show visited and unvisted, otherwise I would amend these.

Therefore I think I have to create a set of CSS just for these text links but I am not sure what I have to add to actinic.css and the link? Can anyone advise?

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

Paul

you need to be playing with about with css on the <a href> command and
    then styling the <a> with A:link A:visited A:active A:hover

the commands are standard.
    take a look at this page for example - they are easy to work through

although you can change these colours, I question why you want to. Whn I visit sites that "stray from the normal" I tend not to stay around.

I look for a clear indication that I have already visited a certain page, and I get that sort of feedback from having the link to the visited pages turn red, unvisted pages are blue and so on. (just my 2 cents worth)

one other point, I visited you pages to see what you are trying to achieve, but you've got some strange painting going on when viewing it in IE6, FF2 is fine. - the main bulk of the page has the left hand side if it approximately underneath the link to your "returns" - you might want to check it out

Comment

Hi

take a look at this page for example - they are easy to work through
      Thanks. It was the
      MULTIPLE LINKSTYLES ON SAME PAGE
      bit I needed.

one other point, I visited you pages to see what you are trying to achieve, but you've got some strange painting going on when viewing it in IE6, FF2 is fine. - the main bulk of the page has the left hand side if it approximately underneath the link to your "returns" - you might want to check it out
      This is a concern. But I dont understand where the problem is. Is this on everypage? Can you post a screen dump? I use IE6 and dont have this problem. Thanks for pointing this out though.

Paul
      KJ Beckett
      Men's Clothing & Accessories
      Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
      Bath, England
      Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
      Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

good to see the web page was useful

something appears to have been re-generated on your site, today the repaint issues are not there, but last night, there was a clear 2" gap between the left hand side menu and the start of the main block.

like I say, the problem is no longer there - for now just ignore the issue

Comment

Working...
        X