Strange behaviour on coupons

I have set up a coupon as follows -

based on: value ex vat
    trigger: £1.50
    coupon code :test
    product group: dymo labels
    reward type: £ off
    reward amount £4.50

I thought this meant if someone spent over £1.50 they would get £4.50 off?

But if I place a bunch of labels in the basket and enter the coupon code 'test' it only knocks off £1.50... But that's the trigger amount, not the reward amount - what's going on? Am I just a bit confused again...?

the site is the dymo one below...
    John

If i spend £1.50 with you, i get £4.50 back? so you owe me £3 for each £1.50 transaction i do? It may be getting confused at you wanting to put yourself out of business.

Comment

Basically I just wanted a nominal trigger. If someone wants to pay for a £1.00 product with a £5.00 coupon then they get the item for free but lose £4.00 as no change is given.

But I'll try upping the trigger to at least the same as the discount and see if that works.
      John

Comment

ok that fixed that problem. Now I have another...

I have one customer who is due 3 x £5.00 vouchers, and I want to let him spend them at once (yes I could just give him a £15 voucher but he may not want to order that much in one go)

So I created 3 as above and made sure not to tick the 'only one reward per order' box. The only difference between these 3 coupons and the other working coupons is that one tick box.

But when I apply the first of the 3 coupons the amount isn't the reward amount - it's almost the opposite!

eg.

If I order £89.90 it takes off £85.00 (and tells me I'll get £5 discount if I spend 10p more!)

If I order £44.95 it takes off £40.00 (and tells me I'll get £5 discount if I spend 5p more!)
        John

Comment

Working...
        X