Transferring Actinic to a new PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring Actinic to a new PC

Have just purchased a new pc and trying to move Actinic Catalog 7 over from my old pc. Have saved down a snapshot, emailed my self, extracted this from the email on the new pc. Installed Actinic onto the new pc using the serial number on the install disk.

When I try to open Actinic I get the following error:-

Write access is denied to C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\actinicextras.js was denied. Please check the file permissions and try again or select a different file.

If I select OK on this message I get the following:-

The theme change was aborted, please correct any errors and reselect the theme before continuing.

If I select OK to this message I get the following:-

A serious error occurred, the default theme and templates could not be activated. Please contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic support as appropriate.

Im really not sure about what the problem might be. Im running Vista on the new pc but that shouldnt be an issue.

Would really appreciate any help on this as Im keen to run Actinic on the new pc, currently running two pc simultaneously which isnt great.

Thanks
    Ashley
    www.Mindthebump.co.uk

Im running Vista on the new pc but that shouldnt be an issue.
    thisis the reason for the error, this has been experienced by others, try a search using the error message as keywords

Write access is denied to C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\actinicextras.js was denied. Please check the file permissions and try again or select a different file.
    make sure you are running patch 707

Comment

Please contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic support as appropriate.

Comment

Working...
      X