Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping problem

Hi!

I'm having a problem with our sites showing shipping costs and local taxes in the cart before the customer has had a chance to choose his preferences and locations that will determine the actual total. .

Is there any way to show only a merchandise subtotal after a customer has hit checkout now?

Thanks!

C

try this, go into view>business settings> and go to the ordering tab.

when there untick the box where it says 'request location information early'

this should clear your problem, if not, post back..

Steve Quinn
    Harlequin Domains
    www.harlequindomains.com
    0800 0832077
    Actinic Hosting, Design and Marketing...we luv it!

Comment

Steve,

It already was unticked. :/ What now?

Btw, my manager has decided he wants us to do a custom design for the other site that I asked you help on (changing the catalog button).

Thanks!

Comment

if you are able to experiment a little, try these, its what i'd do..

go to design>options> and under the site defaults tab change the shopping mode to either of the two it currently isnt...sometimes it just needs a change somewhere to prompt actinics database to update..you can switch back to your preferred shopping mode if it clears and maybe that'll work.

i also remember just by changing the bounce page delay value one time that also kick started actinic into refreshing its database/page..so try that too...

the only other thing i could think of is do you possibly only have one tax/shipping zone defined, this might make actinic simply say, well thats the only option and as such there is no choice involved therefore we wont use a drop down..

its the same if you only have one method of payment, actinic doesnt give you an single option in a drop down box it just writes the value in for you..

will think on about this one if you dont get anywhere with it..

steve

Comment

Christy

This is not going to be possible in exactly the way you describe.

The good news is that shipping will not be assigned to new shoppers until they select their location in the checkout.

However, Actinic always assumes that a customer is in the 'Default Tax Zone' (set in 'Business Settings | Tax') until the customers say they are ordering from a different location in the checkout. There is no way to remove this 'default' tax calculation from the shopping cart.

Comment

Working...
          X