Changing the order of the shipping options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the order of the shipping options

Sorry if this has been answered before but a search revealed nothing.

I offer 2 different shipping methods, 1st class recorded and Special delivery.
    The first option should only be used for orders below £30 in value because of the limit in compensation.

I specify in the T&Cs, the shipping tables and on the checkout page right next to the drop down option for shipping that First class is not to be selected for orders over £30. Despite this 75% of the larger orders have the wrong shipping selected (I don't think that customers bother to read anything these days).

I think that because the first class recorded is the first choice in the list (and therefor the default) they just click on through.

I want to change the order of the shipping orders so that Special delivery is the default and first class has to be manually selected to see if that makes a difference to the number of incorrect orders.

The problem is that I cannot see a way to alter the order of the shipping options. I am sure that it is just me being stupid.

Richard
    www.dj-online.co.uk
    Products for DJs and the entertainment industry

have you checked in the V7 Advanced User guide?
    I believe there is a method for this in there (can't check, I don't have a V7 download to hand)
    Tracey

Comment

Richard,

Looking at your shipping charges you appear to be charging less for Special Delivery than for First Class Recorded ? i.e. a 600g parcel is £4.08 First Class and only £3.54 by Special Delivery. (at least according to your Delivery Information page).

If this is what you want to do then why not just have one price and say that all orders under £30 will be shipped by First Class and all orders over £30 by Special Delivery?

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for spotting the deliberate mistake.

I have now corrected the cut and paste errors on the shipping table.

I will have a look in the aug

Richard
        www.dj-online.co.uk
        Products for DJs and the entertainment industry

Comment

Working...
        X