Cookie Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookie Error

When I setup a referrer link to www.legendgames.co.uk (eg at www.solis-media.co.uk select the GAMEWYRD text link top right) I get a COOKIE ERROR if the viewer has not already visited the legendgames website. Any ideas???

by the way, Im using rs000000.pl not referrer.pl - is this right/wrong/relevant????

Andy
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

and another observation

before i get the cookie error (from ca000000) i get a brief glimpse of the destination page popping up - if i remove <actinic:COOKIECHECK/> from the destination page, then no errors reported. so why is actinic:COOKIECHECK generating an error???? why is it there? what bit of the system is generating that error???
    Help, please, before I go MAD.....
    Andy Warner

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

Why are you using rs0000001.pl and not referrer.pl?

I would have thought that this file is a generated one - but I haven't played with referrer in v6 yet.

Advanced user guide says use referrer .pl

Comment

why not using referrer.pl????

because
        1) the file wasnt uploaded to the website when the shop was created.
        2) when i uploaded it manually it didnt work

error is:
        Script execution error
        Unable to execute script due to a configuration problem.
        Please notify the webmaster of this error.

exec() returned: 2: No such file or directory

i simply dont know whats up with this and need help!
        Andy Warner

Comment

latest observations:

I think the cookie error is generated by the call <Actinic:COOKIECHECK/> in the catalog pages that I am referring TO.

referrer link clicked
          runs rs000000.pl
          loads the destination page
          Actinic:COOKIECHECK runs from this page
          ca000000 produces COOKIEERROR

It seems that the destination page loads before rs000000.pl gets to set a cookie in the visitors browser, hence the cookie check in the new page cant find a cookie and reports the error.

if anyone can tell me what Im doing wrong, please help!

I know the advanced guide says use referrer.pl, but I cant get that to work, I get the following error:

Script execution error
          Unable to execute script due to a configuration problem.
          Please notify the webmaster of this error.

exec() returned: 2: No such file or directory

Am I missing something obvious - I cant see the wood fromt he trees!
          andy
          Andy Warner

Comment

Just for the record, you should be using rs00000.pl and not referrer.pl - the Advanced User Guide is wrong and will be corrected immediately.

There is nothing incredibly wrong with the referrer path you are using. I noticed you are using './acatalog' for your PATH= parameter but I guess this is becasue you are working around the Perl execution problems you get on older NT servers.

I tried shopping at the http://www.legendgames.co.uk/acatalog/ store normally (without using a referrer link) and it took ages to add something to the cart - the Perl took a good 20 seconds to execute. I think this is what is causing the problem.

You should talk to your web host about increasing the amount of RAM available to scripts to about 8MB.

Comment

Working...
            X