Site does not proceed to checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site does not proceed to checkout

Still trying to install on a new pc which is proving a headache!

New PC is on Vista, have upgraded to 7.07 to cope with this, seems to be ok.

Could not open Actinic on new pc to import snapshot saved from old so have imported the whole Actinic program file from old pc to new pc which works fine. Can now open Actinic up and all looks ok.

Have not received any orders so though something was up.

Got some customer emails which told me the following:-

- When an item on my site is selected and 'proceed to checkout' initiated, the site does not proceed to the payment part of the site. It returns to the page asking which products are required.

Ive contacted Protx who I go use and they believe its an Actinic issue. Ive viewed the actinic/protx support page without much luck.

Has anyone else had this when upgrading to 7.07 or moving to a new machine? Cant see how its the move as its the same files as my old pc so suspect its something to do with the upgrade to 7.07.

I cant get any orders in so this is pretty urgent, actinic support have it in their inbox but would really appreciate some input from this forum.

Thanks
    http://www.mindthebump.co.uk

Hi Ashley,

Just checked the site, 2 things i noticed, 1, you have some graphics not loading on the front page, probably rooted incorrectly and 2, i had the same error on adding and trying to go through to the checkout. just a guess but have you manually changed the buttons? have you changed the bog standard next button for a graphic? this does sometimes cause issues if not done correctly..

I'm not certain this is the case, but like i say, just a guess as something similar happened to me!!

Regards
    Simon
    www.thefilmstore.com - fun film stuff for film loving people
    www.classicopostcards.co.uk - wholesalers of postcards, magnets, mugs & more..

Comment

I had something very similar under the same circumstances - I think the problem was that the upgrade had replaced all the CGI (PERL) files with originals Some of our files had been changed to incorporate image buttons etc. The solution for us was to delete all the files on the server using an FTP program such as Dreamweaver, then upload backup copies of the files from the last version that worked.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Thinking about it, it would probably be a good idea to replace the files in the Actinic site folder with the backup copies as well, otherwise Actinic might put the original unamended files back yet again on an upload or site refresh.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Working...
        X