Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting a CSV File

Hello All,

I am trying to export a database from Actinic as a CSV file which my client can use as their 'master' database. This will also form the basis of the database to be used for an eBay store and Amazon store.

Only thing is, its a little confusing when i get it into Excel as the column formats are all over the place and the data is not appearing as it should in the vertical columns. It would appear that some of the information has been offset making it really difficult to work out whats going on.

Anybody else come across this and got any suggestions?

Thanks
    Charlie

You probably have wrong sort of file extension for excel, if you have txt, try csv, if you currently have csv, try txt. If you have neither - I'm barking up the wrong tree :-).

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

What you are seeing is probably an hierarchical export. The top rows are headers which correspond to the leftmost column in the export. So for example you can filter on Product ini A1 and use the header row called Header:Product.

Comment

Sounds about right. I basically have column headers in the first 3 rows, as a result the contents are completely out of sync.

I'm a complete Excel novice though, so any elaboration on this would appreciated!

Cheers
        C

Comment

Start at row 4 then select all the rows to the bottom of the sheet. Then go data - Filter - Auto Filter. Click the arrow in A4 and select (for example) 'Product'. You will then see all the instances of the header Product. so the reference the columns using the relevant header called Header:Product in one of the rows 1 to 3.

If you intend to use this as a basis for your ebay and amazon listings as well as Actinic then you will need to get to grips with Excel.

Comment

We have plugins that link from Actinic to Amazon and Ebay, it might be worth you looking at those - I think it will be really hard to maintain the data from the export file. You can find more details and a free trial at this URL :

http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Froogle_Mash.html

Regards
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X