Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
    are you sure it cant?

cant you make a single section and put your product in that?

i think codepath do a tool that lets you force single products per page.
    Hmmm - I shall have a look at that.

Thanks
    Blog, Twitter, Facebook
    Actinic Ecommerce, CMS and Video production

www.petraboase.com
    www.progrow.co.uk
    www.christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    www.cheeksandcherries.co.uk
    www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by alexwren
      Thanks again Mike,
      Also seeing as Actinic 6 cannot show each product on its own page (thats why we have used the dreaded extended info pop-ups) would upgrading to Actinic 8 help? I cannot see another way of getting the product within its own indexable page.
      Of course you can. You just have one product on a sub-section.
      Have a look at my site, where all the instruments have their own page.
      Brian
      www.netmusicalinstruments.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ackerman
        Of course you can. You just have one product on a sub-section.
        Have a look at my site, where all the instruments have their own page.
        I was really on about the fact that you can't have the extended info page as a normal web page within the site rather than a pop up window.
        Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
        www.progrow.co.uk
        www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

A couple of things to watch out for:

1. Don't be too specific on your keywords or you'll miss out on a lot of traffic. Use wordtracker to find the words people are searching for (their free trial works fine for me). For example here are some results for 'penfolds grange' showing the number of predicted monthly searches. Ignore the absolute numbers as they are typically way off, but they do give a decent indication of relative frequency.

1. Penfolds (30)
          2. Penfolds Wine (16)
          3. Penfolds Grange (12)
          4. 2001 Penfolds Grange (9)
          5. Penfolds Grange Wine (9)
          6. Penfolds Winery (6)
          7. 1955 Penfolds Grange (4)
          8. Penfolds 2002 Grange Review Ratings (4)

I've ignored the irrelevant results, but you can see that out of the 93 potentially relevant searches, only 12 (or 13%) were for exactly 'penfolds grange'.

2. The other thing to watch out for is that with one product per page your navigation has to be spot on (as many here have said already). Customers have to be able to find that page easily within 2-3 few clicks and the same is true for the search engines. A page that can only be found after clicking 8 links is never going to found by a customer and will be rated very lowly by the search engines as well. For penfolds grange you're probably looking at something like 'Australian Wines> Fine Wines > Penfolds Grange Wine'

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I was really on about the fact that you can't have the extended info page as a normal web page within the site rather than a pop up window.
            Why don't you just put your extended info into its own sub-section page instead. That would be dead easy to do. Your extended info contains a lot of information and they would look much better on their own page, where you can do all the SEO stuff.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by ackerman
              Why don't you just put your extended info into its own sub-section page instead. That would be dead easy to do. Your extended info contains a lot of information and they would look much better on their own page, where you can do all the SEO stuff.
              Any chance you could give me some hints on how to do this please?

Sounds ideal...
              Blog, Twitter, Facebook

www.petraboase.com
              www.progrow.co.uk
              www.skatewarehouse.co.uk

Comment

Any chance you could give me some hints on how to do this please?

Sounds ideal...
                Actually it will take a bit of work I think from memory.
                Your current products (with the extended info) will need to be changed to sub-sections. So each sub-section (when clicked) will equate to one web page.
                Each of these sub-sections will just have one product, and will contain the info that you currently have in your extended info.
                All the same information will be there, so a lot of it can be done with cut-and-paste.
                Change the html page title to the same as your product. Give any pics the same title. This sort of thing will improve your SEO a great deal.

I can see it will actually take a little while, as it means altering the structure of your site, and the way you think of it. You could do it section at a time though.
                Brian

Comment

Working...
                X