Page descriptions used by google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page descriptions used by google

Just been looking on stats on my site in google and specifically at indexed pages.
    The main section pages gaming, gothic, clothing etc that are created as brochure pages get indexed with the meta description so look ok to a searcher, all the pages that come from out of the online catalog have been indexed with a description using the first line of text on the page, this is just a menu bar so tells them nothing about that page. How can I make Google use a different description such as the Meta description for these pages as well.

Kind Regards

Paul

If you fill in the Meta Description field in an Actinic section, Google will pick this up and use it for the page description. This works well if you adopt the one-page-per-product scheme. Possibly you could embed an HTML meta description tag into the product description?

Comment

Thanks for that
      In looking closer at my templates I found sometime in the dim and distant past I had manually added a meta description but had also got a line in there telling google to ignore everything after it and no end of ignore statement so I guess google was ignoring the whole page with the exception of the menu bar at the top.
      I am sure there is a lesson to learnt here but have decided to just fix it and forget the whole thing before a long drop and a length of rope start to look appealing.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Working...
      X