Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

probs with windows xp

Hi,

Does anyone know of anyproblems with actinic and windows xp. I ma getting a lot of complaints from customers who can't place an order because they get an error and the common factor seems to be windows xp. Is this a known issue?

Cheers
    Angie

are you patched up to date with v4

there were issues but they were pretty well all addressed in the final patches

Comment

Hi there.

Are you using the Java applet?

IF so, later versions of Windows were not supplied with Java vm which is required to run the applet.

A way round this is to either use SSL from your host, or to use a shared SSL service such as Actinic shared SSL.

See more about this at http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/sssl.htm

Kind regards
      Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

thanks for those ideas, but, i have just had this from a customer who i am trying to help place an order (the site address if you want to look is www.sandradeelingerie.co.uk/acatalog/):

on further research this problem actually relates to Norton Internet Security 2003, not to WINDOWS XP. When the privacy control feature of this software is turned on (set to medium, whcih is the default) the error occurs. When the privacy control is turned off the software appears to work normally.
        Error manifests itself as follows: enter lingerie; choose a product for the shopping basket; the software takes you back to a page which offers you a confirm button. Press the button and a message occurs:

"To return to the catalog, please press the Back button on your browser twice".

The shopping basket either does not appear to take the item selected, or the item selected replaces one already there, which is then lost. The checkout now button takes you to the same message as above.
        The cancel button also takes you to the same message, but does not appear to cancel anything.
        You will need to work through this to see all the problems that arise.

Note that this problem appears when using Norton Internet Security 2003 with WINDOWS 98 as well as with XP.

Does this ring any bells?

Comment

Just a thought, i am patched up to 4.1.1.0.0.4.CbXA. I think this is the latest, am i wrong?

Comment

Yes, that is the latest.

And if you go to http://www.actinicdownloads.com/v4/index.htm you will see a link to 'Download firewall patch now' which are a couple of edited Perl scripts which should help with the Norton problems you are experiencing.

Comment

cheers, this worked a treat!
              thank you

Comment

Working...
              X