background colour in ss00001.pl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

background colour in ss00001.pl?

My store has a black background. However when i switch from the brochure page to the shop (click 'products' on http://www.dislocate-records.com/index.html), I get an intermediate WHITE screen displayed before the shop details come up. I gather this is because it goes to ' ../cgi-bin/ss00001.pl?SECTIONID=etc,etc ' before loading the required page.

This also happens when using the prev/next navigation buttons (eg. clicking the Next => item in top right from
    http://www.dislocate-records.com/aca...tro__A_C_.html

Can someone please explain why this happens and if i can change it to be a black intermediate screen? I know nothing about perl (in case you haven't guessed!!).

Thanks in advance,
    Robynne

bump...

Comment

Hi Robynne

I can see what you mean. I would recommend checking your pallette colours in Design | Colors and the body tag in your Primary template. It seems that there is a bgcolor attribute and a background one, which shouldn't matter, but I would advise matching the pallette colour to the colour of the background.

Ben
      Ben Popplestone
      Ecommerce website software

Comment

Ben,
        The settings i am using in Design| colours is black('000000') for Background, Form Background and Palette Background. Am i missing one?

Comment

Yes, it's one of the numbered pallete colours (I think number 2). If you don't want to change the colour of the pallette, just comment out the reference to it in the body tag.
          Ben Popplestone

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
            Yes, it's one of the numbered pallete colours (I think number 2). If you don't want to change the colour of the pallette, just comment out the reference to it in the body tag.
            Ben,
            All my palette colours and background colours are black, and the reference to NQV:BGCOLOR is commented out in the primary template.

Note, the white intermediate screen ONLY seems to be appearing when I enter the shop from the brochure page or use Prev/next navigation (as described in original post above). All other page loading works fine.

Any other ideas?
            TIA,
            Robynne

Comment

I'm afraid not, Robynne. I would submit a query via the support form (or on the phone if you have Cover) as I suspect someone will need to take a look at your snapshot.
              Ben Popplestone

Comment

Working...
              X