Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I display only valid permutations in drop-down menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I display only valid permutations in drop-down menu?

I'm new to this forum and would like to know if I am doing things properly. Here is my problem:

My site has products that are sold in various permutations of finishes and sizes. Each permutation can have a separate price. I created all the product permutations and marked them as 'not visible' on the site. I then created the user-seen products using components of finish and size. I then used permutations/fill list to add all the possible permutations.

This all works except.. here's the problem: Not all my products come in all finishes and sizes. I can get around this by not setting the 'valid' flag in the appropriate permutations but this still allows the user to select this combination and 'add to cart', only to be told at ckeckout that the selection is not valid.

I would like to avoid this unnessary step and only offer the customer valid choices in the product page. I was thinking I would have to create new product pages with javascript drop-down menus that would list only valid combinations of finishes and sizes, but this gets complicated. ie: If the user selects "brass" finish then only the appropriate sizes would appear in the "select size" list.

Heres the URL of an example product: http://schluter.novalink.ca/store/us...r_SCHIENE.html

So am I doing things correctly here or can I accomplish this some other way?

Thanks
    Randall

Hi Randall

So far you are doing everything correctly, but this stumbling block has been come across before. Unfortunately, the Actinic templates don't include the javascript to eliminate the invalid combinations from the dropdown lists, so it's not something that can be achieved without adding your own javascript.

Ben
    Ben Popplestone
    Ecommerce website software

Comment

If you've got two attributes then you can set them both to use "Push Buttons" in Select Using and you will then only get a button for a valid combination. This will help your customers no end as the entire availability matrix is visible at the same time.

Norman
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
      X