section tree wont update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

section tree wont update

Hi, i am using the YahooSections style menu and even though i have deleted some section and added new ones it wont update on the site......it still shows the old sections that i have deleted so i now have links to dead pages....ive tried refreshing the whole site and deleting my temp files.......it seems like its not refreshing the act_sectiontree.js file.

any help please?

thanks

Hi Steven

Are you sure it is not you seeing cached info and it is fine for all of us? Can you provide a link and we can confirm whether what you are saying is true for us also.

Comment

Hi,

the address is http://www.decorcladding.co.uk/

its the menu down the left......to start with it should be

By Brand
      plastivan
      ID Panels
      Deceuninck

etc....but it still shows old sections i have deleted fully....it still shows

By Brand
      Duma Pan
      Bruynzeel
      Duma Clip

i checked the actual act_sectiontree.js file in my site folder and it still has the old sections in.....so when ive added...changed sections its not actualy updating the .js file in the site folder.

cheers

Comment

Showing the old stuff here also. Does the preview show the new or old links? If it is showing the new links on the preview, then try a website 'refresh' and not an 'update'.

Comment

Its was a complete website refresh i did...even in the offline preview it shows the wrong sections.....its like when i create a new section its not writing it to the section tree...is there an action i can do which will update all my site scripts?.

cheers

Comment

A refresh and NOT an update refreshes the scripts, however you said you've done that.

Comment

I just noticed this in the source of your pages

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="acatalog/Act_section_tree.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
              <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="acatalog/Act_section_tree.js" TYPE="text/javascript">

You seem to have something duplicated in Act_Primary.html
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman.....i had a look and i didnt see a duplicated script link....but what was missing was a hidden reffrence

All i added was this

<!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTREE_RAW -->

and that fixed it...why i dont know but hey :0)

thanks for looking into it anyway norman.

Comment

That duplicated code is still there. I comes immediately after

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

so you may want to check what's there in your Primary Templates.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                  X