Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snapshot is not picking up any order details

I have a problem, please someone help!

over the weekend i was targeted by a virus. i took my pc to my local computer repair shop who say the only way to totally eliminate this perticular virus is to backup everything, wipe the system and re-install windows xp operating system etc. so i have since backed up all my files onto cds. some of the files were un-obtainable by me cos of the virus..so i paid for them to be recovered (my whole outlook email adress book for instance had to be retrieved using hacks).

it goes without saying, that i did an actinic snapshot immeditely and saved this to disc. However, before wiping my (infected) computer i wanted to make sure the snapshot was ok so i went to another computer (on which i had previously installed actinic ages ago also for test purposes) and imported the snapshot... The catalog side looks fine (thank god) but i seem to have LOST ALL MY ORDERS!!

i tried the process a few times but the same thing keeps happening. by the way.. there is no error message when i import/export. it says the operation completed successfully every time.

is this perhaps because the virus on my computer has interfered with the snapshot at the exporting stage? or is it something i am doing wrong? maybe there is a way to export these orders seperately? (i can still access actinic ok on the infected somputer)

my problem is that i obviously do not want to download my new orders to a snapshot that has lost all the order history. i am waiting for actinic email support to get back to me, and i just don't know what to do.

it has been 4 days now since i have been unable to download orders (i am going to start getting into trouble with my customers soon!! making me v stressed!).. should i just count my losses and accept that i have lost my order history.. and download my orders to this snapshot? after all i do have printed receipts for them all?

any help or suggestions welcomed
    thanx x

ok too much detail. In brief:

Is there or isn't there another way to retrieve my order history other than via a snapshot?

.. at the minimum i want my 'completed' orders. perhaps even just in text format so i can have a record of them to save to disc should i need to refer to them in the future.

Comment

Contact Jan at www.mole-end.biz , she may have a product suitable. Most are available for free trial as well.

Comment

When you imported your snapshot did you tick the box that said to overwrite orders - the snapshot will contain your Actinic database with all of the orders in there. If you didn't get any errors when you imported it then the most likely thing to have happened is that you missed the include orders tickbox.

Failing that you need to contact Actinic support.

Regards.
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

thanx for that link to site, i have just sent an enquiry. i don't really have the budget to be buying new softwares though..

what would you (or anyone else out there reading this.. please!) do in my situation?

would you cut your losses (as i think im going to have to do) and proceed on the new computer.. using the snapshot that has no order history??

atleast this way i can download all my new orders since the last 4 days and have no further grief from my customers.. i am starting to get quite a backlog (i can tell by logging into my psp external server which opbviously shows me the £ each customer is spending but not the order details).. i wish i knew what to do.. how long can i keep my customers waiting?? i wish actinic email support would get back to me!

what would you do in my situation:
          1. cut your losses and download new orders and therefore satisfy the new customers orders. or
          2. wait till you found a solution (which might not even be possible because of the virus) to retrieving the previous completed orders.. and in the mean time download no new orders, but hope that there might be a solution to retriving a full snapshot that includes the orders?

arrgghh!

Comment

Thank You Jan

THANKYOU thankyou

i knew it might be something stupid like that

im so pleased you mentioned this .. even though it is probably very obvious to most, i did not know this so thank you very much.

ive been learning every detail of actinic myself through trial and error and i cannot believe i have not come accross this detail yet.... thank you for pointing it out to me. i think i should prob go on one of these actinic day courses!

karina x

Comment

:-) glad it worked .

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
              X