• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Cart

HELP, PLEASE ANYONE.
    really need a cart in my store:
    confused:

I saw your earlier thread and was a bit confused - now I'm more so.

Can please explain what you mean?
    Have you no link to your cart and checkout pages?
    Have you no cart summary on the page?
    Do you have a link we can see this on?

Comment

Cameron,

You have a design already so you have to put it where you want it in the design.

Actinic V7 uses templates for the layout and you probably want to edit one of the primary templates. You'll have to read the Actinic documentation and do a bit of trial and error to find the find one and decide where you want the cart link.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

http://www.home-updater.co.uk/acatal...chenSinks.html
        there is no cart anywhere but one pops up when you try to buy something
        the guy who designed the frame originally must have removed it as its in a similar site
        http://www.kitchensupplies.co.uk/index.html
        dont know where to go next and have been dropped in it really
        reading docs doesnt help one bit and when i was given some html code b4 to insert i still need to know where to put it otherwise i will screw things up more

Comment

Mr. Ferris,

reading docs doesnt help one bit
          the documentation is an excellent guide to adding a cart. your lack of understanding does not constitute lack of help from said docs, however...

you'll need to edit some teplates to add what i'm assuming you mean a running check of the cart on your pages.

there are two that i know of. the first is a freebie you get with actinic, and its fairly pants. the second is a full kart, created kindly by kermy, and you'll ahve to have a look on the web for it. its easy to install.

good luck and remember: RTFM.

Comment

Try putting this in Act_Primary or whatever your main template used on your site is called:
            Code:
            <script language="JavaScript">
            <!--
            document.write("NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEITEMS&nbsp;" + getCartItem(3)+"&nbsp;<BR>");
            document.write("NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEVALUE&nbsp;" + getCartItem(1));
            // -->
            </script>

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
              and remember: RTFM.
              you had to get that one in, huh Gabe?
              Tracey

Comment

Rtfm ?

IM bright enough to know im not that clever !

Comment

Originally posted by CAMFERRIS
                  IM bright enough to know im not that clever !
                  well it's nothing that 10 seconds and Google couldn't tell you.
                  Tracey

Comment

what i was getting at is that i need help asap and dont have the knowledge or the time and thought this was a forum where people shared such things.
                    therefore at this moment i just need to fix my problem and move on and im guessing this sort of issue is no big deal for many out there

Comment

I have had a look at what you are trying to do. To make your cart summary look the same as that other similar site you will need to add the code I included above but it will also need to be styled to suit your site. It will also need some buttons etc. for cart and checkout.

Whilst you will find many answers to your questions here on the forum and everyone will be very helpful, the work will still have to be done by you. If you "don't have the time" then you should consider hiring a developer.

Please don't be out out by my comments, I don't intend to be off putting, I'm just letting you know the way forward.

Comment

thanks duncan
                        if you could just tell me where to insert the code that would be great
                        i can do the buttons and i have someone doing the new logo

and its not so much time as money at the mo
                        and the more direct the comments the better

and for all the clever people out there it says in the manual dont edit the html unless you have a firm grasp of the subject

Comment

Look in your template for the SimpleSearch and the Bookmark, try inserting the code I gave between those two items and give it a go. Backup first!

Comment

well its worked sort of -
                            http://www.home-updater.co.uk/index.html shows no cart
                            http://www.home-updater.co.uk/acatalog/index.html online store shows item and amount under search bar

Comment

The index.html page is a different template: Act_BrochurePrimary - do the same with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X