Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Timer - Problems Uploading/Configuring

Hello There!
    I'm one of the newcomers here and completely new to Actinic!
    Can you please help me, I tried to find something useful for me here but couldn't find it, maybe it's too basic.

Well, when I go to web>configure website details, I get into Introduction and it instantly says that I chose SSL in my payment options.. Well, since my host doesn't provide SSL now and since I never configured anything about cgi before, I just click on and enter the ftp information.

Well, and then, nothing happens,... it loads and loads but seems to be stuck.

The very first time I tried it, actinic gave me the message that it couldn't connect to the ftp since the password was wrong, though I thought it was the right one.

Well, hope anyone can help me out!

Welcome Fabian.

What version of Actinic are you using? Is it v6?

If not then post all your information in the Upload Problems forum; include all your network settings (excluding usernmaes and paswords) as well as who your hosting is with and the type of hosting package you have.

Comment

Try going to 'Business Settings' > 'Payment and security' and make sure that the SSL box is not ticked.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thank you both very much!! After unticking the box it worked, so far...

But now I have another problem, after waiting for some reply of my webhoster i tried to go through the procedure again, but now it suddenly asks me on the startup for my "Proxy/Firewall Configuration" and I wonder why.
        It asks about the http and the ftp of my Proxy, well, have no clue what to put in there, just putting my webhosting stuff doesn't really seem to work.

Comment

On the RHS of the Network setup page is a button called 'proxy'. Click that and make sure the 'none' box is ticked.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thank you again Mike!
            It's funny though, I went to the Proxy button but it was already on "none". Though now it works without requesting the proxy options.

Comment

Working...
            X