Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New digital download problem . . .

Hi again.

I've come across another problem, which this time I don't think I can resolve myself.

All our products are digital downloads. Payment method is with SecureHosting(ePDQ).
    Everything works ok except for right at the end of the order, when the customer gets their receipt with the digital download url's.
    When clicking on the "download link", if you select "save to disk", the file saved is os000001.htm.
    This turns out to be an exact copy of the same receipt page. Oops!

The only way to get it to work is to select "open from current location". You then get another "Save File" dialog, and this time if you select "save to disk" you get the proper digital download.

Is there any way to make it so that the digital download file is downloaded on the first click?
    I'm not sure if all our customers will be able to work out how to get their downloads otherwise.

By the way, the download url's in the e-mail receipt work perfectly ok. It's just the ones on the website which we're having the problem with.

I've already tried deleting and reloading the *.pl and *.pm files in the cgi-bin, and deleting all the *.cat files in the "Site1" folder and then refreshing the website. But the problem remains.

Note: When we first uploaded the new site (in test mode), the payment option was "credit card captured for later processing", and the download links worked properly.
    Since changing it to SecureHosting (so payments are made in real-time), this is when the new problem arose.

Any ideas?

Cheers again!
    Silver Moon

Most weird!

The plot thickens . . .

I've copied the receipt file (os000001.htm) over to two other pc's,
    and the download link works first time on these, by selecting the default "save to disk" option.
    So it would appear to be a problem with this one pc's configuration . . . though I'm not sure what exactly !?

If someone could tell me which template to modify (or if there's any other method) so I can add a couple of lines to the Order/Receipt forms.

eg. directly underneath the "click here to download" link,
    something along the lines of:

If you encounter any problems when clicking the "Download" link and selecting "Save to Disk", instead, select "Open from current location" in the first "Save" dialog, and then "Save to Disk" in the second "Save" Dialog.

Note: I've already added the above lines to:
    Business Settings -> Terms & Conditions -> Delivery Schedule,
    but not all customers are guaranteed to even see this . . .

Comment

Hi there

Simply make the changes in Act_Order04.html, this is the template for the receipt.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
      X