Information appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information appreciated

I am new to ecommerce and have been given a copy of actinic 7 by a friend whose web buisness is no longer operational. My question is can this software be used? It is a fully licenced single user and is no longer being used by the original owner if so any advise about what is needed to upload it to a new web host would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in anticipation
    James

If it has previously been used, you may find you cannot use it, unless on the same domain name as it is currently being used. I would suggest a call to actinic support as your best bet for info.

If they say no you cannot use it, it will probably do you a favour to be honest as you really want to be using V8 now, V9 is not too distant in the future and you want to adjust to the different way in which V8 works to V7. If you learn V7 first and then move up later on, it can be a pig. Given the choice i would always start on V8.

Download a free 30 day trial to see for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      If you learn V7 first and then move up later on, it can be a pig. Given the choice i would always start on V8.
      Oh yer, dont i know Been there seen it, done it, got the t shirt and read the FM

Im sure Lee is right as the single user was license per site, therefore mydomain.com is the site using and you cant then decided to set up a site theredomain.com, as to wether they will allow you to if the old site is not in existance then this maybe different

D

Comment

If it's been used to upload a site to the internet, it is no longer transferable, it's worth checking with sales though.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

The last post chris made on the subject was that the licence is transferable domain to domain but it must be the same business eg if you are theshoeshop.com and you change your domain to shoes4u.co.uk then that is ok as the business ie shoe shop is the same and owned by you. However if theshoeshop.com goes bust and you start a new business such as fish4u.co.uk then that is not allowed nor is selling/passing on the licence. Thats my understanding of how things currently stand but as said above a call to sales will solve the problem - please post what they say to you as this is a common question.

As for V7 or V8 I still have many clients on V7 and its working ok so if you are on a tight budget then it will at least get you up and selling however if you have the cash the V8 is the way to go IMO.

Comment

Yeah, Mal is right, that is a much more accurate description of the rules.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

hmm...well, I'm going to go against the grain here.
              I originally had 2 catalog licenses. One for BB and then I bought a second one for Chariots On Hire.
              I closed Chariots On Hire while Jesters was still in its infancy (and being run on Mals or something similar) and called Actinic sales to see if I could transfer my Chariots On Hire license over to Jesters. They said yes, and I upgraded it to Business at the same time.
              No similarity in business type...just that they are both "me"
              Now, whether they were more accomodating because they were still getting money (for the upgrade from V6 Catalog to V7 Business) from me, I don't know. But there was no question of not being able to change it over.

However, I still owned it etc...so that's rather different to taking it over from someone else, of course.
              Plus, this was several years ago now so they might have changed their approach since then!
              Tracey

Comment

The rules seem to change all the time so its best to call sales and get it from the horses mouth.

Comment

Working...
                X