There's something funny going on with paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's something funny going on with paypal

After the protx disaster I added paypal to my 2 main sites (somewhat belatedly).

On one it works fine - I get the payment, the order is approved
    with the other - I get the payment ok, but the order goes into pending

This has been consistant over the several days I've been running it.

Now there's not a whole lot of configuration in actinic for paypal - you just type in your paypal email - so why is one working and not the other?

(I also note quite a few customers who tried protx, failed, then used paypal and suceeded so still don't think everything is right with protx yet...)
    John

are they both on the same version of Actinic, John? and hosted at the same place?
    Tracey

Comment

same actinic, but now you mention it - different hosts... any idea why that would make a difference?
      John

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788
        ...This has been consistant over the several days I've been running it...
        Have you noticed additional sales due to the addition though or are some of your expected protx payers now choosing PP instead?

Comment

hard to say, some are definately protx rejects as I see the failed protx order in PSP pending, then the paypal order shortly after...
          John

Comment

Tracey is correct

http://pinbrook.helpserve.com/index....cleid=17&nav=0

needs to be applied to v6 sites and v7 sites on pb hosting. Fix is incorporated in to v8 by Actinic

Comment

ok, that looks like the problem - thanks.

is there a similar problem with protx on some hosts? just moved my dymo site to 4sure and the first order has arrived - straight into PSP pending, despite being received ok by protx...
              John

Comment

Not that I am aware of...

it could just be a DNS issue, PSPs sometimes can be slow to update their own DNS

Comment

Working...
                X