Preview pane problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview pane problems

I've had a problem for a while that I've finally had enough of!
    Occasionally - two or three times per week - Actinic will suddenly launch an offline page preview in IE, and will keep launching new IE windows showing the same thing until my system has been brought to it's knees at around 50 open IE windows. Occasionally I can manage to kill the Actinic process to stop IE (if you close any of the IE windows they're just instantly replaced) but this morning the system had to be turned off as nothing would respond. There's no discernible pattern to this but happens when I'm editing fragments or products and the preview pane is about to be updated. I haven't requested an offline page preview either by the menu or by ctrl-a.
    Actinic is v7.0.7 HCFA, Windows is XP SP2, IE is 6.0.2900.

I raised this with Actinic support and was told to upgrade to IE7. However, this doesn't work either as with IE7 installed the preview pane will not show any product or fragment images (all my images are in a separate directory outside of the program files tree). Actinic support couldn't solve this either, so I reverted to IE6, as partly-working is better than not working at all.

If anyone can shed any light on either of these issues I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
    simon
    Cult Pens

OK, no joy on the berserk IE6 behaviour, but Actinic Support finally tell me that Actinic 7 and IE7 simply won't preview correctly if images are outside the site folder. There is no currently scheduled fix for this issue. Looks like I better move the images...

simon
    Cult Pens

Comment

learn by my mistake.......

Put all your images and fils inside /Site1/

There are an array of benefits for this;
      1) Actinic working properly,
      2) Uploading working properly, I had hell on this one when I first started,
      3) Site Snapshot, as far as I know only captures Site 1 content, anything outside gets left behind.

Do it now!
      esafetysigns.co.uk
      your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters
      ... download once use as many times as you like !

http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/index.html
      http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Comment

Thanks - Actinic working properly is always a benefit

I haven't had a problem until recently - uploads, snapshots all fine. Loading user data into the program files tree has always felt wrong, but you can't expect logic these days.

Cheers,
        simon
        Cult Pens

Comment

Working...
        X