Frequent problem encountered by Google users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frequent problem encountered by Google users

I get frequent emails from customers telling me that any link they click on my site takes them back to the Google search page. I'm looking for the easiest way to tell them to fix the problem. Do they need to delete the actinic cookie(s)?

Thanks!

Pat
    -------

Pat

Take a look at this thread in Developers

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ghlight=google
    Fitness for life!www.fitness-focus.co.uk

DIFN - Doing nothing is not an option

The Supplement Warehouse - Bodybuilding & Fitness Supplements

Comment

Pat won't be able to access it unless they are a Developer.
      Chris Brown

Comment

Here is the relevent bit of the thread

Ok, then try the following. Open ACTINIC.pm in a plain text editor and locate the lines

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        if( $fnam !~ /\./) # Check if it looks like a file name
        {
        $sURL .= '/';
        } --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        in sub GetReferrer and change this to have
        code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        if( $fnam !~ /\./) # Check if it looks like a file name
        {
        if ($fnam =~ /\?/ || $fnam =~ /&/)
        {
        $sURL = '';
        }
        else
        {
        $sURL .= '/';
        }
        }
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        I hope this crues your problem. But please note that such a script customisation is not supported by Actinic so you should do this at your own risk.

Regards,

Comment

More questions

Okay, I don't have a developer license, so I'm going to have to do this myself. I have an IT background, but I'm more dangerous than anything! Could you tell me in words what this is doing, so I can at least understand the concept behind the problem and the fix.

Thanks!
          -------

Pat

Comment

Can't say that I completely understand it myself...

But it has to do with where Actinic thinks the refering page is located
            Some cases (e.g. for Google references) the Catalog scripts believe that the referencing (Google) page is a static page which belongs to the shop.
            But now that I have read the thread completely I see that it should be fixed in V6.1.3 anyway. If you are not on that version I suggest that you upgrade.
            Chris Brown

Comment

Working...
            X