Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better layout solution ?

Hi everyone,
    ive just completed the layout for 1 of my product lines of which i need to do the same with a few hundred more and i was looking for comments on wether or not there is a better way to do the same than i have done already with what actinic gives you out of the box. The whole process is extremely time consuming and i dont want to apply the same layout to the rest of my range if there is a better option.

http://www.home-updater.co.uk/acatal...oak_Range.html

Also does anyone know how when going to the checkout i can get the paypal
    button in the centre of the frame as everything is thrown off to the right and looks awful.

Any other site comments would be welcome and i intend to implement the look in this section
    http://www.home-updater.co.uk/acatalog/Log_Cabins.html
    across the rest as i am generally happy with it but please let me know your thoughts and thanks for taking your time.

I don't think the single add to cart button is a good idea, too far to scroll in order to find it and i know what's going on, your visitors won't. The look of the page is nice though.

If you change a layout, you can cascade that change across your site in about 5 seconds, are you sure you are doing things correctly? Creating the layout is time consuming, but it's a one off job and you cascade it across your site. I would take a look in site|site options, sounds like you're not using it as you should be.

Comment

I know its not ideal but think it may be more confusing if each product had their own button - not sure there is a better way and seems par for the course within the industry, although thats not to say it shouldnt be improved.

Would help if the layout tab within the product had a more compressed way of showing same info then the page could probably get reduced by 50 % to start with.

Comment

any ideas on the paypal issue in checkout ?

Comment

Originally posted by CAMFERRIS
          Would help if the layout tab within the product had a more compressed way of showing same info then the page could probably get reduced by 50 % to start with.
          You control how this looks, not actinic, so reduce it to what you want. If you start with the compact layout, that will get you off to a good start.

Comment

And how do i do that ?

Comment

It's a case of backing up and then tinkering. You really need some html and css experience to do it though. If you don't have that, then work with what you've got, you will more than likely end in tears otherwise. Have you had a look at the compact product layout at all?

Comment

no html or anything really
                cant see any compact product layout - tried them all and thats the smallest there is
                in the tab its - One product per row, image on left
                is there somewhere else this can be changed without tinkering with html?

Comment

is there somewhere else this can be changed without tinkering with html?
                  Only column counts if you don't want to get under the hood.

Comment

thought so - so i did the best with what was available
                    does this apply to the checkout page also with the paypal issue ?
                    maybe i can exchange services with someone who can help me in exchange for one of my products *

Comment

Maybe that's a good idea, services change hands instead of cash - i like the idea, good old fashioned methods are always the best. OK i will upgrade you to V8, buy you a support contract for 12 months entitling you to a free V9 upgrade, plus i will completely redesign your store for you and add your products in return for one complete oak kitchen.

Deal or No Deal?

Comment

If that's no good then i am after a whirlpool bath with a curved opening at the tap end for a shower and curved glass door etc.

Comment

You selling yourself too cheap again Mr Hack

Bikster
                          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Not sure i need that much doing but meant what i said so maybe we can do something and that applies to anyone else reading this

Anyway did you look at the checkout issue ?

Comment

Not sure i need that much doing but meant what i said so maybe we can do something and that applies to anyone else reading this
                              I think it's a great idea, i really do, i recently did this with a client and it works great for both parties. With the wide range of services/products on this forum alone, we could create a marketplace where just services and products switch hands.

Anyway did you look at the checkout issue ?
                              I did yes. Table(s) has hard coded width(s) larger than the area it can use. So it's leaking out the sides. Much the same as trying to pour 2 litres of liquid into a 1 litre container etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X