Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message - Permission Denied

Hi

Just tried to download an order on Monday 13th and the following message came up An error occurred while attempting to generate a unique order number. Actinic ecommerce is unable to lock the counter file. Permission denied
    I have spoken to Actinic Support and have been emailing my server (Supanames - Lynux server) and as it stands people can still not buy online - it comes up with Permission 403 denied. I have tried a complete purge and no luck. Actinic say that the session files has a different number to the rest of the files in the CGI BIN. My server are telling me 'if you are using an ftp client right click on the script and go to attributes, here you will be able to change the details of the permission', again this means nothing to me.

I am completely at sixes and sevens and dont know what to do - can anybody help? Please reply in basic terms as although i can use actinic to add / amend items on the website all of the behind the scenes stuff is completely over my head. Thanks Brian

Hi Brian

This could be down to the path set for the 'Path from CGI-BIN to acatalog Directory' in 'Web | Network Setup'. Specifying the absolute path to the folder may resolve the problem if the file permissions are set correct. Can you please post your network settings without username and password here to have a look at it for you.
    Regards

Dhivya Malani

Comment

This has been covered before eg http://community.actinic.com/showthr...e+order+number

Comment

Working...
      X